Quantcast

Brain teaser of the day

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Ok. I went away for a week and locked all my bikes in a room in my house. Nothing else is in there except my gun safe. I found this bolt on the floor, and for the life of me can not figure out where, or if it even came from one of my bikes. It looks kind of special, and I am sure I have seen it before. Any ideas?
The bikes in the room were my Zerode G1 and G2.5. MY Intense 275c, a Commencal Meta 666, Charge cooker, and old redline singlespeed. Can anyone id?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
weird bolt.. looks like it has the same T.P.I then stops then continues with the same threads..

somewhere in the brake system?

in any case its probably from your G2.5 and is unridable and needs to be sold...to me... for free..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kind of looks like a derailleur piece.....maybe even a front one. That center threadless section is a pivot of some kind. So yeah, brake lever or derailleur bit is my guess.

Or it's the keystone to your zerode which holds the bb/pivot/idler/headset in place. Without it the bike explodes.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
obvious solution is to dismantle all your bicycles until you find a matching bolt, starting with the simplest bike and working your way through to the most complex.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Thats it. Holy Crap. I was trying to figure that for a week. It was actually not missing from the bike. It was from the front shifter on the Intense, which I removed when i went to a one by front. looked at the shifter i took off and it was missing. How it ended up where it was is an even bigger mystery.

Thanks, at least i dont have to have a break down on a ride to realize where it came from.