Quantcast

boxxer WC topout click

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
My WC has an annoying topout clicking sound and feel-

Ive pulled it apart + repressuized it twice now, both times diagnosing and fixing what I thought were the problems, but still nothing. The first problem I thought was happening was the wavy washer under the solo-air base valve had came out of its place, but that wasnt the issue. Then I called a friend and he said it could be the circlip on the top of the solo-air damping rod having some movement. He said to add an o-ring there because there was a bit of movement, but I did and it still did not fix the problem.

Im stumped, anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Is it on the compression stroke at topout, or on the rebound stroke?

My last WC had a loud click/clang if you pulled it to topout, and then picked it up off the ground and whacked it down. It annoyed me no end (no one else's I knew did it), rebuilt the whole thing (including checking the air head - which was fine, it already had a wave washer) but it was still there.

Then it dissapeared on its own a week or two of hard riding later... so no idea what it was! :)

If that doesn't sound like your problem - then one other thing that it might be is the MC return valve closing after the rebound stroke. It usually makes a very light click on closing. I can't think of anything else right now.