Quantcast

Boxxer rebound knob

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
The Rebound adjuster knob fell off my boxxer. Anyone know where to get a replacement adjuster? And is this a common thing? doesn't look like it is on there very securely.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Did the red knob detach from the allen? If so then use a little adhesive to put them back together. You can also use a 2.5mm hex wrench from your allen wrench set if that doesn't work and you can't find another one.

You can buy the knob at ride-this.com or any LBS can order it for you with the correct part number.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Mine has an allen bolt covering the rebound adjuster. Not externally adjustable, anymore, but I think you can still take the big bolt out and adjust the rebound inside.

I bought it second hand...so...

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Mine is an 09. Looks like the knob just kinda pushes on and you can pull it off. It's just a glorified allen key though. Really don't need it to adjust like previously mentioned but just would like to put it back on. Thanks guy's

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
So just push it back on. Tap it with a mallet or something if it makes you feel better, there will be an audible click.

I have never seen one just come off and not be able to go on. There is a little lock ring type piece that keeps it on the bolt.

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
So just push it back on. Tap it with a mallet or something if it makes you feel better, there will be an audible click.

I have never seen one just come off and not be able to go on. There is a little lock ring type piece that keeps it on the bolt.
It fell off. Gone, see ya, bye bye. as in "it's somehwere on the mountain" :)

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
I find these adjusters all over the hill on my rides :D
I collect them and use them to adjust the brake lever on my Juicy Ultimates :weee:
The odd one has gone to a Boxxer rider in need to :thumb: