Quantcast

Bootleg near Vegas

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I am going riding there all weekend. I will take some pics and if I can figure out how to post them I will.
Wish me luck guys should be fun. Has anybody else ridden there? Would you like to give opinions? I heard it was a great place.

J

JRB

I think Cooter came home, but then disappeared. See if he is back out there please.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
It rocks. Now would be the perfect time of year to ride BC. In June it was 105 degrees, so needless to say we only did one run & after a couple glasses of champagne too. :dead:

You will have a blast.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
It was way sick. Ginger is nuts but really fun. I don't know how I left there without crashing. I had a few close calls but just close enough to make it interesting. It was a little chilly at night but during the day it was nearly perfect weather to wear armor in. I might someday post pics but don't hold me to it.

J

JRB

gschuette said:
It was way sick. Ginger is nuts but really fun. I don't know how I left there without crashing. I had a few close calls but just close enough to make it interesting. It was a little chilly at night but during the day it was nearly perfect weather to wear armor in. I might someday post pics but don't hold me to it.

I, for one, will stop making fun of you if you post pics. ;)

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
OK I will try. I am pretty bad with computers in general but I might figure it out. The problem for me is resizing pics and all sites are different when it comes to uploading. Just remember that even if you stop making fun of me I don't have to stop pissing you off. :D

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Ok good the first is my truck before we left from Zion. The second is Chance going big in the jump park. The last one is me launching a 30-40 footer.

Here are some more

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
The first one was me at the bottom of the dual slalom course. The second is Chance launching the 30-40 footer I launched. Sad thing for him is that it shrunk right after I hit it. The last one looks down on part of our camp and my truck. If you can't tell I am describing the pics in the previous post.

Here are some more.

J

JRB

Thanks for posting up bro. Nice stuff. Your reprieve has been ordered. :thumb:

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Ok that is all I feel like posting. The first one is a pic of my two favorite bikes. The second is Chance, Bill, Shea, and Mike right before we left. The third is the view from the top. The last is Mike as he drops into the elevator shaft (I think that was the features name) screaming profanities the whole way. He made it just fine though. I hope you like them Loco-Gringo.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Yeah it is small but looks badass. You would be surprised how much I can get behind the seats. All of my armor, 1 helmet, sleeping bag, bivy sack, therma rest, back pack full of clothes and other small junk. I think all that space will be gone though when I put subs in. Oh well thanks for the nice comments for a change. :D

J

JRB

I could put lots of stuff behind the seat in my 3/4 ton when I had it.

Yeh - I don't mind being nice.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
holy crap those big jumps look fun!

Does your Colorado have the inline 5-banger? If so is it powerful? We might build one of those up as a project but on paper the motor is somewhat of a turn-off. I'm looking for input from peeps like you who own one.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
OH YEAH I GET TO BRAG ON MY TRUCK THIS ROCKS! Yes I have the I5. It is a Z71 4x4 with the 5 speed manual. It has plenty of power. It is a little weak below 2000 rpms but I think a programmer will fix it. I do a lot of wheelin' and in 4lo it feels like a different engine. Everyone says its just the low gears but it is not. I have driven many Jeeps and I know how it feels when the t-case is in low. This engine just feels lik it has more torque when in that range. I think the fuel map or whatever changes. If so Chevy just choked back power for economy reasons. Check out www.coloradofans.com they have tons of info. One member there is pumping out 206 rear wheel hrsepower with only an intake exhaust and an electric fan. The truck is way fun to drive and I still love washing it. I could go on for days but just check out the site. I post there too and have the same original name. I have almost 700 posts and am never short on opinion. If you look at some of my posts I am sure you can see I love my truck.

Echo that feature is on Ginger. The picture does it zero justice.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I bet the Coloradeo has lower transfercase gears (~3.0:1) than the jeeps you've been in (~2.7:1). That would easily account for the difference. Gears are the only way to transfer power to a different RPM range, so it's not really "just gears" if you know what I mean. That's how you do it...

Check out this article I wrote if you are really interested in gearing principles specific to toff-road vehicles. Click on which browser you run...

Internet Explorer

Safari

I'm glad to know that they are powerful though. I saw an SS version at SEMA with a LS-1 V8 in it. Judging by the talk coming from Chevy corporate I think it's going to see production soon.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I think my Colorado has a 2.72:1 t-case. The Jeep I am used to driving is a Wrangler Rubicon with a 4:1 t-case. I feels so much stronger down low and is totally different from the Jeep. The Jeep has the same power characterisitcs in 4lo as it does in 2hi. The Colorado does not. I don't how to describe but you could feel it if you drove it. I love my truck and would recommend it to anyone.So what exactly do you want to do to the Colorado?

On the street the Jeep is stronger down low than the Colorado but runs out of steam fast. On the trail the Colorado feels just as strong down low as the Jeep despite the taller t-case gears. That is why I think it has different fuel mapping/ timing/ etc. in low range.

I hope the SS sees production so that maybe one day I can swap in a V8 to my truck. :blah:

dh boyeee

Cesspool
Nov 16, 2004
hiding from your dad
yo gschuette, those ARE tight pics. and its crazy, just lookin at the first pic i was gonna say nice truck! but the others beat me to it! but HEY! NICE TRUCK! check out my miles, ive added 8k to that since!

Attachments