Quantcast

Bootleg Canyon

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Me and 2 others (weman788 & stabprimo) are thinking of heading out to bootleg canyon sat.- monday. Whats the deal? can we camp right there, how much does it cost for the shuttle, do they even have a shuttle, if theres no shuttle can we still ride? whats the town like? lots of fast food and stuff? Any info would be great! Thank You

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
merrrrjig said:
Me and 2 others (weman788 & stabprimo) are thinking of heading out to bootleg canyon sat.- monday. Whats the deal? can we camp right there, how much does it cost for the shuttle, do they even have a shuttle, if theres no shuttle can we still ride? whats the town like? lots of fast food and stuff? Any info would be great! Thank You
We should just go to Vegas instead and collect all the call girl cards, just like Poke'mon, hahaha. :blah:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Have you seen their website?

I've only been there once... last April, so I'm no expert.

I don't think there are official shuttles, except for on racing days, but you may find someone there who you can shuttle with. We got a ride up the hill by the guy who runs it. You can pedal your way to the top easily, but it will take a while and tire you out if you are planning on doing many runs. You should probably just take 2 cars and self-shuttle.

I believe unofficial camping is free on the Bootleg grounds... people were doing it when we were there. There are hot showers in the public bathroom - pretty deluxe for a public bathroom!

The food situation in Boulder City sucks in my opinion, but if you like fast food you should be able to find that easily.

It's a great place... I'll be there in mid-March.

-rob in NY

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
There is the bighorn shuttle that one of the local shop guys run every weekend and some weekdays if there is demand. It's an old short school bus with a trailer. You could also easily shuttle yourself if you have a designated driver for a few runs and switch off, that's what we've always done...

Food in BS is AWESOME. There is a diner called the "coffee cup" that is downtown and super, super good, especially for breakfast. Another restuarant that is suprisingly rad is across the street from the Super 8. I can't remember the name but it says "the best restaurant by a damn site" on the side. We fed 7 guys there for less than 40 bucks, and it was GOOD!

Have fun, I LUUUUUUUUUUV BC!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Woah woah woah, the food does not suck. Its some of the best Mexican I have and I used to live in San Antonio.

On your way into town on the right in a little strip mall is Roberto's burritos. They are HUGE and very good. We usually ate one for breakfast and it sustained us until dinner. For dinner try Carlos' in the downtown square area. The Prawn Enchiladas are plate licking good.

On your way past the public showers and jump park find any one of the canyons off to your left. Plop down a sleeping pad and a bedroll and you're set. The public showers are incredible. They are super hot once they warm up. Very nice after a long day of shuttling.

Look up Hawkie (sp?) he drives this bus that has Bootleg Canyon something er other written on the side of it. It has a huge bike rack off the back. Tip him and give him some cold beer and you're good to go.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Oops - sorry for the misinformation about the shuttles.
I stick by my food opinion, though. I'm not a diner kind of guy...

-rob

sheila m

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
Barrie, ON, CAN
Just got back from bc yesterday. Had a Great time!! Check out www.allmountaincyclery.com They run shuttles during the week, if you have a minimum of 4 people, and they run them on the weekends too! Jeff and Colin were great. They run the shop and the shuttles. (it was around $3 per shuttle, I think) They are right on the main strip, close to the hill.

I concur with the opinion on Albertos.... the burritos were huuuuge!
Have fun, I know I wish I could have stayed longer.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
From what I've heard the traction only gets better when it gets wet. Now if its raining while you're riding then I guess that something else.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
well stab primo is being a b*tch and doesnt realy want to go cuz of the rain, But if we do a stab primo, red big hit comp w/ red forks, and a stinky deelux or M3

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Don't let the rain scare you off. When I was there last Vegas was flooding from the down pour and the riding was perfect up on the hill. Rain dissapears as soon as it hits the ground, and traction gets even better. The rain seems to just blow right through the area, we had some showers but they would move past very quickly. The riding is amazing.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My parents used to live 30 mins. from there, just outside Laughlin. Then this year, they moved near me in NY.

That Sucks. :angry:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
!RocknE30! said:
I was just thinking about how much it would suck if that got rear-ended :dead:
How about this shuttle? What would it cost to lose the trailer driving up the hill?

Did you guys shuttle at Bootleg with the motorhome? That road is nuts riding up it in the stake truck.

Attachments