Quantcast

bodybuilding fans(Schwarzenegger question)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I think I remember him admitting that he did. Back when he was on top of the (hate to call it a sport...maybe pastime?) steroids were no big deal. Any Joe could walk into a doctor and come out with a prescription for them.

Here's a quick link, dunno how accurate it is. Via Google:

Steroids?

rbx

Monkey
Originally posted by Silver
I think I remember him admitting that he did. Back when he was on top of the (hate to call it a sport...maybe pastime?) steroids were no big deal. Any Joe could walk into a doctor and come out with a prescription for them.

Here's a quick link, dunno how accurate it is. Via Google:

Steroids?
thanks silver for the very intersting article:)

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Hahaha...no offense, but I'm guessing you're new to lifting weights and starting to read BB mags? Yes, he was on juice, and no, I'm not just saying that to slander him. Guys have been juicing since the 50s and as previosuly mentioned, they were not controlled in the 70s and 80s like they are now.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
He admitted it. But he used a very insignifigant amount (in comparisson to today). If he was really jacked his legs would have grown well past puberty :D;) (if you are a bodybuilding historian you would clearly know that arnold lacked one thing. Legs...no matter how hard he worked they always looked out of proportion with his overly massive chest :D)

JeffD...funny thing is about that statement. 5 years ago when I was more involved in the scene the usage was probably more rampant than it was then. Arnold even gave his usage which I currently forget and it was very very small dosages in comparison to the COCKTAILS they used 5 years ago. Usage now not only includes traditional testosterone in higher dosages but growth hormone and many other things not legally available. Unless everything has change completely in 5 years the bodybuilding scene only seems more controlled. There are laws but they don't work worth crap :) (This of course excludes the natural competition where very little steroid's are used)

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Roast - sure, not only is the grammage of the traditional stuff way off the charts but all the other stupid ****e they're using now - esiclene, insulin, etc...Hell, at any moment there's everyday schmoes who don't even compete who are bigger than Arnold was in my gym.

Ah, trips down anabolic memory lane...hopefully DH/FR won't ever get all messed up like BB and some other sports. For all I know, XC is just as doped as the roadies.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by JeffD
Roast - sure, not only is the grammage of the traditional stuff way off the charts but all the other stupid ****e they're using now - esiclene, insulin, etc...Hell, at any moment there's everyday schmoes who don't even compete who are bigger than Arnold was in my gym.

Ah, trips down anabolic memory lane...hopefully DH/FR won't ever get all messed up like BB and some other sports. For all I know, XC is just as doped as the roadies.
That part is scarey. In the end past conditioning, and good life...how do you become better. It is unfortunate but a reality in sports :) It 'would' be very naive on the behalf of the organizors if they believe racers won't be doping now or start doping later. Especially with injuries occuring as frequently as they do and the healing/recovery factor of anabolic steroids.

It is Ironic that Arnold is 100 pounds lighter in his prime than some of the competitors today :)...And Frank columbo wouldn't have stood a chance in todays market...Its amazing how quickly the size game evolved. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Roasted

It is Ironic that Arnold is 100 pounds lighter in his prime than some of the competitors today :)...And Frank columbo wouldn't have stood a chance in todays market...Its amazing how quickly the size game evolved. :)
Pros today are frickin' MASSIVE. Most of them juice.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by rbx
paul dillet is one scary mofo!!!!
And getting scarier by the minute...There was a guy out of mississauga several years ago who actually dwarfed dillet. Dillet was a mere 285 and this guy walked on stage at 330 I think. I just can't remember his name. Damn freaks :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by rbx
its incredible how much the human body can be pushed(with drugs)!!
Jesus...he's put on 30 pounds of solid muscle since the last time I watched BB. Crazy sport...I would call them freaks but they like that too much :D

I do have a lot of respect for the dedication required with or without steroids. I have the been there tried that attitude and the 5 to 7 years of solid training required to become a true competitor is unreal. It really is unlike any other sport that I have played.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Dillett was eating in a restaurant around the corner from me a few years ago when the Mr. O was still in Atlanta. True to the magazine cheap shots, he was constantly out of breath. As bikers we take for granted being able to hop on a bike at any time and go for a ride but I doubt he'd have managed to make it past the end of the driveway the way he was heaving and sweating. And FYI - he was not competing that year so he wasn't depleted or anything...

All of them juice and the IFBB allows it, the only thing illegal is a diuretic such as Lysic(sp?). Ask Mr. Dillet how he feels about that drug. I believe it was at the '92 Olympia where his body cramped so badl into the fetal position that it almost killed him. It took 6(?) people to carry his incapacitated body off the stage.:eek:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Ah, memories...another iron game historian on RM. Half the late-90s top guys keeled over at least once in their careeers. It's so over teh top I don't keep up any more.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by Acadian
dude I remember that!! freaky...

Dillet is big, but can't hold a pose for sh|t!!
Or he holds it for too long and passes out...didn't the same thing happen to flex early in his career...I remember him dropping out of comp because of depletion...

mdavid

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Simi Valley
saying that juice freaks are somehow lazy is incorrect. Juicing only means you have to work harder in the gym and more closely monitor your diet. The freaks are definitely NOT lazy in the gym and have to work damn hard for those gains.