Quantcast

Body armor and Braces

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
He whats up just had a question on body armor and braces, I was suing the rock gardn flak jacket but went to the POC Sports armor it looks real comfy not sure how it is and didnt find to much on it in the forums just wondering if anybody runs it and how its held up and how it performs. Also looking for a good ankle brace tore my ankle and knee up pretty bad broken and ligament and tendon damage was out for 14 months still not 100% not even really 70% but I have to get out there and ride so just looking for a good ankle brace that protects it but still lets me wear a shoe and doesnt effect my pedaling and movement alot you know. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks guys glad I am back on the site I was missing the forums...

schaus889

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
NY
Check out ankle braces through sports med websites, a few of my buddies have destroyed their ankles playing basketball and their braces fit in fine with any pair of shoes. I realize the injury type between yours and theirs probably isn't the same, but their braces add a good amount of stability towards lateral movement and general impact. Plus, hopefully since you're only at 70% or so, you're looking to do some light duty riding, in which case I feel these braces would probably help quite a bit.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Check out ankle braces through sports med websites, a few of my buddies have destroyed their ankles playing basketball and their braces fit in fine with any pair of shoes. I realize the injury type between yours and theirs probably isn't the same, but their braces add a good amount of stability towards lateral movement and general impact. Plus, hopefully since you're only at 70% or so, you're looking to do some light duty riding, in which case I feel these braces would probably help quite a bit.
Well I was looking for something pretty good, because although I am 70% and should be doing light duty riding I am racing next weekend at Vermont and hope to find somethng pretty sturdy before then.. T

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Buddy, have You ever heard about dots and commas?
Guy, you ever heard of Percocet and Beer at 3:28am yeah what are commas and dots.... You know whats funny to me you wasted ur time getting on and reading my post all to tell me I have a huge run on sentence.. Thanks for wasting my time and not even posting one bit of useful info..

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Guy, you ever heard of Percocet and Beer at 3:28am yeah what are commas and dots.... You know whats funny to me you wasted ur time getting on and reading my post all to tell me I have a huge run on sentence.. Thanks for wasting my time and not even posting one bit of useful info..
ya man wtf? he is ENTITLED to a coherent, well thought out and researched response to his drunken, drug induced rambling. what jerk amirite?

p.s. i hate waititng for 20 min in the detists office after my appointment was scheduled to start. wtf amirite?