Quantcast

Bike storage at the Whistler Westin.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Got a killer deal on a weekly rate for this summer but I'm concerned about bike storage with it being a 5 star spa and all. I've never stayed there and I was wondering if anybody had and what is there deal with bikes in the room. Were you able to sneak them in? I'm taking 2 bikes so I'm not about to leave them in a bike room.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
See if Whistler is still doing the bike storage thing at the bike and bean. They started it last year and rates weren't to bad, plus I didn't hear about anyone losing their bike that used it.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
i stay at the westin whenever i go to whistler.

bike storage is top notch. they take you bike into a locked room, outside where the bell boys are, hang it and lock it, then put a tag on your bike and give you half the tag.

bell boys/staff are the only ones who can get in because its got a code to get in, and since the westin is 5 star there are always bell boys outside in case new people come to check in or out, so they obviously can see if someone is trying to break in, which would be impossible unless you knew the code or blew the door up :)

after a day or two they remeber your name and which bike is yours anyways.

bike will be safe at the westin without a doubt

edit: bike in the room is a no go really, even if it is clean. and now way to sneak it in, bell boys and staff in the lobby 24/7. unless you are staying in like the west wing and go in the side entrance, you maaaaay be able to sneak it in. but like i said its very safe in there bike lock room. they dont let non staff in, they ask for your name or your tag, and after a few days they know whos bike is whos, so they dont ask your name, they ask if you want your hardtail or fully (if your bringin two bikes)

Last edited:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I've stayed at the Westin before and their bike storage is excellent. It's valet style - give your bike to the valet, they give you a ticket and put the bike away. They frown on bikes in the rooms.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
I stayed at the Hilton over Memorial Day weekend and they too have bike valet.Now they just need to start offering a cleaning service.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Matt Patterson (Dirt Corps) got his brand new Transition Double stolen from his hotel friday night. lock was cut clean in half. take your bike to your room if at all possible. the cops said this year has been the worst for bike thefts.

Kyle,

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Matt Patterson (Dirt Corps) got his brand new Transition Double stolen from his hotel friday night. lock was cut clean in half. take your bike to your room if at all possible. the cops said this year has been the worst for bike thefts.

Kyle,
theres only one door into the bike room at the westin. staff are outside it 24/7. so a staff person stealing it would be the only way. . . .

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
My brother and I got our bikes stolen a couple years back from a secure parking garage, in a secure bike lock, with locks on them.
NOT fun.
Now granted there wasn't someone watching the room, it still seemed safe enough. The worst part is the hotel just nonchalantly said it wasn't their problem and basically told us to fvck off. lame. inside job much. :plthumbsdown:
I'm not saying dont use it, ask the hotel first if they're willing to repay you if the bike gets stolen. Then maybe consider it. Now I just wash my bike and then towel dry it outside the hotel and wipe the tires off good. I doubt they'd even guess i had a bike in my room.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
My brother and I got our bikes stolen a couple years back from a secure parking garage, in a secure bike lock, with locks on them.
NOT fun.
Now granted there wasn't someone watching the room, it still seemed safe enough. The worst part is the hotel just nonchalantly said it wasn't their problem and basically told us to fvck off. lame. inside job much. :plthumbsdown:
I'm not saying dont use it, ask the hotel first if they're willing to repay you if the bike gets stolen. Then maybe consider it. Now I just wash my bike and then towel dry it outside the hotel and wipe the tires off good. I doubt they'd even guess i had a bike in my room.
Be careful doing that, last fall Romo got charged 100 bucks for bringing his bike in the room.

Kyle,

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I'm sure the Westin is on par with the 4 Seasons and besides the Montebello complex with it's own private garages, the 4 Seasons was the best set up I've ever had up there. 24 hour bike storage is included and when I was there, there was maybe one or two other bikes in the room and they probably belonged to the staff. With all of our stuff and 3 bikes, we dominated the bike storage. People that stay there apparently don't ride.