Quantcast

Bike Parts Donations Wanted.

Oct 9, 2006
I will try this again...long story short there is kid of lesser means that I am mentoring out in Oregon. He is on a clapped out bike that I have upgraded a few times. I am going to pick him up in September to take him to Whistler for a week or so. I am working on building him a new DH/Freeride bike.

Thus far I have a frame, brakes, cranks, der., shifter, and am working on a wheelset.

I still need a Dual Crown Fork, DH tires, and any other various sundries that you may have laying around that would be upgrades over what I have.

Kenan, god bless him has offered up a bar and stem. I have a possible line on a fork from Cali. but havent heard back from the fella recently.

Any and everything is appreciated.

Thanks,
Moffatt

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I can most likely hook you up with some tires. I have at least 20 spares, I'm in the process of moving at the moment, as soon as I get to the new house I'll check what I have and let you know.

Oct 9, 2006
That sounds great, thanks.

Come on folks I know some of you wanna clean out the gear room for a good cause. That cause is me mentoring a kid so I dont feel I have to grace this world with an offspring of my own....EVER

Oct 9, 2006
Okay now I can be specific..all I need is an air shock with 7.9" eye to eye, 2.25" stroke measurements or something in the ball park. Thanks in advance.
Also if anyone has anysort of chainguide system for a single ring that too could be used.

The bike is fully built except I am waiting on the fork.

Oct 9, 2006
They are not the greatest photos in the world and they are very late. But Brandon was extremely stoked on the bike and couldn't wait to ride it. He didnt have a clue it was coming! He had a great time riding in Whistler as well as a few shuttle spots in Pemberton before the trip got cut short due to my injury.
I would like to thank all who were involved in this bike build.

subycar

Chimp
Dec 31, 2009
I got a Manitou Air 3way you can have. Its a 7.875"x2.25". Works good. Needs at least one DU bushing. I will see if we have them at work. Either way you are welcome to it.

Last edited:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
This is awesome man, such an awesome thing to do. I bet it was sweet seeing him ride the thing.
What did the final build end up looking like?

Oct 9, 2006
The final build turned out to be a hodge podge of parts that were leaps and bound above the stuff he had before. A fella from Cali donated a Big Hit SPEC frame, A fella from the New England area donated a White Bros Dual Crown fork. I had the wheels, a set of Halos, Bontrager King Earl Cranks, Shimano XT drive train, some sort of chain guide I ordered from QBP a sweet .243 Bar/stem combo from Dr. Kenan and some stock seat/post I had laying around and a pair of Shimano hydro discs I had picked up somewhere along the way. Looks like he will be going back to Whistler with us again this August for a two week session. Hopefully this time we dont get four days into our 10 day trip and sustain a major trip ending injury. I dont have any pics of the finished bike, I will see what I can scrounge up.

Thanks again to all who donated!