Quantcast

Bike Mechanic Wanted in Truckee/Tahoe Area

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Our shop is looking for a qualified mechanic to work full-time in our Truckee store. 2 years mechanic experience a must, suspension knowledge a must. Pay commensurate with experience.

Please send me a PM or call 530-582-1890 for more information.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll require $35,000/year, health/dental/401K. I can be there in one months time.
5 years shop experience.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dexterq20 said:
I wasn't joking.... I have every intention of moving to Tahoe and becoming a ski bum/mtb bum when I graduate.
Finding a low paying bike shop job anywhere is not very hard. I am proof of that.

I challenge you to pick a career where you can utilize your degree in a career where you can make a real living in Tahoe.

My friend in South Lake Tahoe is a landscape architect whose firm's has locations there as well as Park City and Taos. His wife went to back to school to become proficient in GIS software, and now works in her field in Carson City.

Yes, they do choose work over play more than they like, but they also own a house in Tahoe, no mean feat.

I love working in shops, and maybe that is the path for you as well. But don't think you have choose between a career and fun. You could get a degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, or even something as common as Education, and be on the mountain as often as you want...