Quantcast

Bike got a little more E Thirteen....

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Worked better with "Evil", o well. Anywho, after a year or so of running an MRP with a clear supercharger, I finally got the complete SRS guide, in black...gotta love the stealth. Loving it so far!! Super easy to set up and lookin pimp!!

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
I dont know about anyone else, but I have my guide rotated so that the bottom roller is much closer to the chainstay....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
TickTock said:
I dont know about anyone else, but I have my guide rotated so that the bottom roller is much closer to the chainstay....
I bet if DW says this, he'll say the same thing :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The sweet thing about the guide is that even when you have it setup not exactly perfect, it still works extremely well.
I had been running mine not exactly spaced out correctly all year, and it worked fine the whole time, but the E13 crew hooked it for me at Snow.

Also, I want to point out that their race support is downright INCREDIBLE!!
I always thought they were just busy installing chainguides at the E13 booth.
But those guys are doing everything under the sun over there.
I took my bike by there for a roller I needed to replace, and while checking it out, Jonas (the mechanic) noticed that my BB was shot, and said he could get my guide set up better. So later, I brought him a new BB,
and he hooked up the whole thing for me.
Put in the BB, spaced out the guide perfect, replaced the roller, etc...
all for a small labor charge. Now my drivetrain works better than ever.
So after being swamped in the pits all week, who do I see at the start of the Expert DH up top, Jonas and John P. getting ready for their runs.
Awesome. :thumb:

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
That Mt Snow was a hell of a sloppy mess! Nothin like WV, though! Yeah, Ianman, try to get that guide rotated a little further forward. You want the top wearplate bolts to be at about 12 O'Clock relative to the crankarm bolt. This will allow the roller a little more protection and the chain a little more tension. Also, see if you can slide one of the backplate spacers (m6 washers) between the top wearplate and the bashguard. If you can, than you want to put another set (3) of those spacers behing the backplate to get it spaced further outboard. This will help close up the gap. Looks good, though, Ianman. I don't mean to step on any toes - I just want to make sure you are completely satisfied with the performance of your guide for a long time. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with us directly. Thanks, and keep on keepin on. :cool:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Evil rules period. I called up yesterday because i discovered my back etype plate was bent on my E13 somehow and i am leaving in a week for a trip across the states. I left a message at 6pm when i found out and wasn't sure where to order the plates from or if i could get one in a week. I got a call at 12 today telling me where to get it and they'd get it out to me today. Definetly a rocking company and love their products.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Jeremy R said:
The sweet thing about the guide is that even when you have it setup not exactly perfect, it still works extremely well.
I had been running mine not exactly spaced out correctly all year, and it worked fine the whole time, but the E13 crew hooked it for me at Snow.

Also, I want to point out that their race support is downright INCREDIBLE!!
I always thought they were just busy installing chainguides at the E13 booth.
But those guys are doing everything under the sun over there.
I took my bike by there for a roller I needed to replace, and while checking it out, Jonas (the mechanic) noticed that my BB was shot, and said he could get my guide set up better. So later, I brought him a new BB,
and he hooked up the whole thing for me.
Put in the BB, spaced out the guide perfect, replaced the roller, etc...
all for a small labor charge. Now my drivetrain works better than ever.
So after being swamped in the pits all week, who do I see at the start of the Expert DH up top, Jonas and John P. getting ready for their runs.
Awesome. :thumb:

Yo Jeremy,

We aim to please man! Glad you dug our service. Yeah, that was Jonas's first ever DH race and got 10th in Ex 25-29! I went to Mt. Snow early to cover for him in the pits so he could race. That kid ripped it up man!

Michael