Quantcast

BIG thanks to GravityFreakTJ

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I would like to thank TJ for his help. Without him Spoke80 and I would not have been able to race and WIN this weekend's Windrock race. I wrecked in practice and broke my rear brake lever and TJ loaned me his because he wasn't going to race. Then Spoke's front brake messed up during his first race run, so TJ loaned him his front. So without TJ's brakes we would not have raced and had so much fun.

Spoke won the Expert 19-29 class with a 4:12 and I won the Expert 30-up with a 4:23 and two crashes. :evil:

Again thanks TJ.

p.s. I'd type more but my left are is jacked up, so I'm typing with one arm. :dead:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Congrats to both of you guys :thumb:

TJ.. just another example of someone coming through in a pinch to help out a fellow racer... Awesome.

Hope your arm feels better...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
TJ,
Thank you again for your help this weekend. And like Profro said without your help and the help of your magic brakes our team would have been screwed!

All Hail TJ for he is the MAN!

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
So which trail did you guys run for the race? I heard it was muddy as all get out, tons of rain on Saturday and lots of carnage!

I am looking forward to seeing the results and whatnot on the Maxxis site.

Doug, get healed up quick man, I will be back out east in three weeks and am planning to drive to Windrock with my buddy Doug from Nashville (he was there this weekend riding a blue Norco Team shore with Monster T)

I am hoping to see you and Joey when I am there in a month, August 28 and 29. Hopefully it will be drier than this weekend. Anyway, Congratulations on the win.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey, good job fellas!

I got 3rd in Sport 19-29, and had a good time...but I should have won, if it were not for having torn off my rear der. (the 2nd in 2 days there) Those trails are GNARLY and Ill be back out soon.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Good job guys :thumb: We had a blast. Now at least when Tim cries "my brakes suck" I get to say " They seemed to work fine for Ben and Doug". ;)
We are gonna try and make the Sugar race and will definatly make the finals at Windrock. Hopefully we can get some more Kentucky boys grow a set and hang up their spandex for a weekend.

Burly, black azonic right? I was on the Black SGS with Sherman slider. I ended up with forth in sport 19-29. Good job on you derrailerless 3rd place.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
.....on Thursday I posted on here that I needed a new rear tire and by 8 the foolowing morning Ben called to see what tire I needed so he could pick it up and get it to me :thumb:
.....after using my brake Doug asked repeatedly what he owed me.After being told repeatedly that he owed me nothing he refused to take no for an answer and stuffed a NEW 2.5 Mobster in the bed of the truck as we drove out :cool:
....so I was more than glad that I could help out.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
stoney98 said:
You guys are all good people! That's what I have to say about you guys.If I ever end up in "the dirty south" I'm definately call you guys for some riding. So I can get my ass handed to me in red clay!
Always better than getting red clay handed into your ass for sure.

I sometimes miss southern hospitality. Saw some in southern canada too.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Well Shucks,
Since we are giving props here.
I wanna thank Joey for giving me a shifter cable, so I could race.
Evidently a strong midget jumped out of the woods and ripped mine apart during a pratice run.
Also, thanks to Ben for helping me get the new one shifting right, and again to Doug for da lodging and the tour around Oak Ridge. :blah:
Congrats again on the wins.
I had a blast.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
GravityFreakTJ said:
Jeremy I have to say I have never heard anyone let out a "WHOO HOO" as they launch off the Ewok drop.Good stuff :p
WHOO HOO is the sound I make when I forget that I am racing because I am having so much fun. I was launching way too far off that thing in my race runs.
I put a sticker on my top tube reminding me of that very issue, but it does not seem to be working. :p

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Jeremy R said:
WHOO HOO is the sound I make when I forget that I am racing because I am having so much fun. I was launching way too far off that thing in my race runs.
I put a sticker on my top tube reminding me of that very issue, but it does not seem to be working. :p
That's alot better than the people that throw their bike,cuss and make a general ass out of themselves.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
GravityFreakTJ said:
That's alot better than the people that throw their bike,cuss and make a general ass out of themselves.
Yeah, that is my pet peeve as well.
Racers are always coming across the line, yelling and dropping f-bombs celebrating how bad they suck before they even bother to notice all the kids standing around. Race officials should have a "volunteer" whose only job would be to kick these people in their wedding tackle. :nuts:

And Stoney, I have a .93 sticker on my bike, because that is how much I missed the podium by at Vermont. By goofing off and showing out for the spectators. My sticker did not work though. Oh well, it could be worse, I could not be having any fun. :blah:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
JeffD said:
Wedding tackle...lol, I'll have to remember that one.

Who did what in semi-pro and how slimy was the course?
Herndon won, McCoy totally smoked it for second, and Bloch had a great run for 3rd.
The course was not that slimy at all considering the rain.
The 2nd run was a little drier, so of course I picked it to have my have crash in so I settled for 3rd.
It was a great event.
Riding Windrock is awesome. Racing Windrock is scary and awesome.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Jeremy R said:

Another thing heard after the Ewok drop:

Me:" Yeah, get Ben!!"

Ben:"I don't have a freakin' front brake!!" said while he streaked by at warp speed.

First I wanna say that I think Joey said it best

"We are the smallest user group out here, but we are the best behaved"

Second, I think I was the only person that didn't go to Profo's on Sat night. I had a trunk full of DVD's too. Next time.

I did get 4th in sport master. Complete surprise to me after doing my lawndart impression off the ewok drop. And I have a mild concusion. Just had to break my fall with my head on the log on the left. Props to 661 for making great helmets. My quote there is "OH SH!!!!!T!!!!!!"

Nice meeting BurlySurly too. Hope to see you at more races.

I want to add the top of the expert section to the sport course. I would much rather race on that than the fireroad. If we can find some way to connect them that would be awesome. Why is it called a fireroad anyway? There is no way a fire truck is going up or down that.

I absolutely love/hate that place.

Also thanks to everyone that was involved with getting those prizes. I got a video that I already own, but those prizes were incredible! I'm going to give the vid to one of the young guys I ride with locally.

One more thing- Does anyone know who all the photog's were and where the pics will end up? I want to see some of them, SOON!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I believe I saw Mark Webb, Windrock's very own trail engineer and semipro photographer.

Please give Mark a moment of your time and you won't be disappointed.

Really.

hit him at travelhiker@aol.com

If that doesn't work holla

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
jet said:
BurlySurly- in response to your sig, I grew up in Wi. Nothing but beer and fat chicks.

And cheese.

And the Packers

And snow. I miss snow. Lots of fun riding in fresh snow.

Well, I am originall from Chicago...so **** the packers. But I do like me some cheese and beer....and uh...maybe the occasional fatty...if its like a tuesday or something.

My dog's name is Ditka.