Quantcast

best tensioner

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
So I just got my sweet dh rig up and rippen and now have a hardtail just waiting to be single speeded. I've got the conversion kit but due to verticle drops:rant: I'm going to need to run a tensioner. Which is the best/sturdiets/most badass?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
If you search this forum you'll see that a lot of people like the Rennen. I like the Soulcraft, but can't compare them since I've never used a Rennen.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
hahaha....if i had that kind of money ^^^ I'd just get a new frame. the rennen looks good. Does rohloff still make theirs?

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I have a Singulator and the DMR Simple Tension Seeker, which is a knockoff of the Rennen. The STS gets my vote - works like a Rennen for about half the price. BUT the STS is drilled for a QR (at least mine was), so if you have a bolt on rear hub, either get the Rennen or be prepared to drill. I drilled mine out. The singulator is still okay in my book, too.

nalax

Chimp
Oct 2, 2006
I've had good luck with the Soulcraft Convert. Easy to setup and stays set while wheel removal is still easy. Speedgoat has a good price.

Mar 23, 2006
NoVA/ Richmond
I don't know if its just my bad luck, but ive had the worst experiance with the Singulator, its always making my chain skip etc. when under power. The only thing thats allowing me to keep using it, is the fact you can reverse the pull on it.