Votes: 406 51.5%
  • Fox Vanilla

Votes: 196 24.8%
  • Other

Votes: 81 10.3%

• Total voters
K

kitchenware

I voted for the Z1, but I have a Psylo SL arriving today. If it lasts half as long as my old Z3 I'll be happy.

jim

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
well my old drop offs where great till i snaped the compresion rods and the lowers fell off leaveing me with a nice trip to A&E , but i've just got some 01 mcr's and there great compared to the drop offs :D.

priss

nsrider

Chimp
Jun 20, 2002
Surrey, BC, Canada
i voted other, the manitou supernova should have been up there, an awesomely strong fork, also the 99 z1 dual is a very pimp fork, or any old 2000 z1 witha replacable arch

wzikel

Chimp
Sep 28, 2001
Singapore
Riding a DJ1 at the moment and it sure feels better than the psylo race 01 that i had.. so it's marz for me... but i voted others... nitty gritty :o: :o:

Voted for the Fox, it's a little stiffer, little more adjustable, more responsive.

Tough call tho- Z1s last for YEARS under straight abuse, havent' changed bushings or seals from 98-02, and you can service one with your eyes closed!

:confused: Shiver SC? BMXman, you must be joking.

Trail Bum

Chimp
Jul 4, 2002
East Coast Earth
:D

I love my Fox! I takes hits that would have put me down on my RS. It gives you more confidence to go off the trail and into the nasty stuff to pass the occasional trail snail.

jabberwocky

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Montreal
I'd like to vote but find myself ignorant on the topic since the Z-1 is the only fork I've ridden for an extended period. I expect quite a few riders are in the same boat.

PmbH

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
N. Ca
(new here, not sure what I'm doing, so forgive me if I end up posting in the wrong place, etc)

I voted for the Psylo because that's what I ride. I like all the adjustability, and it works well for the kind of riding I do. I don't take any big drops, and wouldn't try with this fork. For hard-XC riding, on a bike with 5 inches of rear travel, the Psylo SL works pretty damn well. The U-turn actually comes in handy on rides with a couple miles of uninterrupted climbing (fairly common for me).

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I'm voted for the psylo sl as well. I feel stupid voting bcuz i havent ridden on the other shocks here but what the hell, i'm bored hehe. On forest road climbs up u can dial down with the uturn to get your front end lower, and u can lock out too if it's smooth surface. When there is a proper spring inserted it reacts great, plush, absorbs well, takes abuse. I havent dropped more than four foot on this shock but if yer lookin to do that dont u want a dual crown anyways?

Jul 26, 2002
I think the '02 Psylo SL is the best all around 4-5" single crown fork. It's super adjustable and I can use it from XC on my Mountain Cycle Moho STS hardtail all the way to light downhilling on my Mountain Cycle San Andreas.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
word on the psylo,

may not be the best dropper, but when i actually have to go up hill a while, that U-turn sure can be nice, also..the little cool orange knob matches my frame

C

crazybastard

I say fox vanilla all the way it is super stiff for a regular qr

gtastro

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
in the 253
Originally posted by kitchenware
I voted for the Z1, but I have a Psylo SL arriving today. If it lasts half as long as my old Z3 I'll be happy.

jim
Mine lasted untill I landed a 4 foot flat drop a liittle twisted 2 weeks in I havnt sent it back yet

spookymilk

Chimp
Jul 1, 2004
Salmon Arm, B.C.
where's the Sherman love? I've ridden both a Flick and a Firefly and after riding one, they make Marzocchi's feel like trash. At speed they pick up every little bump and then they ramp up so nicely on big hits. They're light compared to the new Zokies and they can fit just about any tire (2.8 Michie if you're that crazy). My money now goes to Manitou

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The Z1 is a great fork and the Vanilla is good for the money, but why isn't the Talas on that list?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
spookymilk said:
where's the Sherman love? I've ridden both a Flick and a Firefly and after riding one, they make Marzocchi's feel like trash. At speed they pick up every little bump and then they ramp up so nicely on big hits. They're light compared to the new Zokies and they can fit just about any tire (2.8 Michie if you're that crazy). My money now goes to Manitou
if you check out the dates, this thread started before shermans were available. As for best fork...

white brothers dt1.2