Quantcast

Best shock for DW link

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Might be the most generic douche title ever.

But seriously, I need a shock for my DW DHR.
I have a Vivid and a DHX that I could send too Push or another tuner.
Or I could buy a new Vivid (with the low tune, right?) Or a CCDB.

Those are the options that my budget allows.

Kinda leaning towards sending something to Push but not sure what would be the best bang for the buck. The MX tune DHX or the Vivid.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The Vivid lost LSR on Sunday and the DHX is from '05 and is an old remote res. Could be rebuilt into a Push MX.
Overall I liked the Vivid but it was bought aftermarket for another bike and I did feel like it had too much HSC.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Overall I liked the Vivid but it was bought aftermarket for another bike and I did feel like it had too much HSC.
Get your vivid tuned and put back together. You know that frame ramps up a good bit regardless of the shock. I'm not sure I'd write that feeling off as 'just the way a vivid feels'.

That said, an older dhx from 05 would probably be pretty good rebuilt and tuned too. It's those fat shafts displacing all that oil on the later ones that came with the frames that create way too much ramp up on their own to be combined with that frame.

dbnickles

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
I agree with the Avy rebuild, had Craig @ Avy rebuild an old roco with SSD and tuned...have had nothing but good times on it....

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
The Vivid lost LSR on Sunday and the DHX is from '05 and is an old remote res. Could be rebuilt into a Push MX.
The push MX DHX I have on my Yeti is superb. Only downside is the high speed compression knob is tough to turn.