Quantcast

Best first car accident ever

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
For as long as I've been driving, I've never been in a car accident, until today. But I must say it's probably the best one ever.

So I'm headed to my LBS to pick up my rebuilt rear shock for my Giant DH Team and to drop off a rim so they can build up a 24" wheel for me. But anyways, going through downtown about to hit the bridge to Lady's Island where I stopped at a traffic light behind about 5 cars. I look in my rearview mirror and see a minivan that ain't stopping. She hits me, with my XTC on the bike rack. I'm thinking "this chick is dead, she just demolished my bike!" but that wasn't the case. My pedal (Azonic flat pedal, don't remember the actual model) punched a dern hole in her hood, and her grill hit my spare tire. Only damage I recieved was a scratch or two on the pedal and a little tear on my spare tire cover. Her hood was annihilated. Made me laugh so hard as I was driving away after getting her info. Then I got my stuff taken care of. Great day for me.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Man Ive never met anyone on here from Beaufort. Where do you DH down there? Ive been down there numerous times and never seen a place for MTB except for a skate park near the Naval Hospital. And have you ever thought about spending your time on Parris Island? I heard thats a fun vacation spot for three months... :)

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
Man Ive never met anyone on here from Beaufort. Where do you DH down there? Ive been down there numerous times and never seen a place for MTB except for a skate park near the Naval Hospital. And have you ever thought about spending your time on Parris Island? I heard thats a fun vacation spot for three months... :)
I spent my three month vacation in San Diego, the recruits here got it pretty easy IMO. And that's the only place to go in the area is the Skatepark, nearest good stuff other than that is Clemson.

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
Watch out. Aluminum gets these little fractures in it and just completely fails later.
I did a real good check of the frame and cranks right when I got off work, everything is still straight and no miscolorations at all in the paint. I'll keep an eye on it this weekend when I go hit up the skatepark.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I spent my three month vacation in San Diego, the recruits here got it pretty easy IMO. And that's the only place to go in the area is the Skatepark, nearest good stuff other than that is Clemson.
Nice. Ive heard its either you go to the hills on California or take the intense heat and sand fleas in Parris Island. I like being able to go onto Parris Island as a civilian because I dont see myself being there. Someone in my family is a DI there and he barely has a voice.