Quantcast

Best DH rental in Whistler?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Going for my annual trip to Whistler just to get my head right. Need to get the consensus on where the best place to rent a bike is going to be? One of my riding buddies doesn't own a bike at the moment, so I need to figure something out for him.

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Best bikes: Demo Center (V10, Wilson)
Best prices: Demo Center / Fanatyk (Norco Aurum) / Whistler Village Sports (Demo)
Something different: Summit (Session 9.9, if you can get it)

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I read the thread title as Best Dumb Hottie Rental in Whistler, I was so wrong.
Wait, there's somewhere I can rent a dumb hottie in Whistler? Good to see "addictedtoanal" is up and working again.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Check out the whistler demo center too. They have fancy bikes.

I think all the shops have pretty much the same level of maintenance.

Luck of the draw! Just depends on what bike you want.

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Only Whistler Demo Center and Summit have bikes with above low-end forks though. Fanatyk has full saint groups on all of their bikes, but again only low end forks

: /

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think you're going in September right? Better to call ahead to make sure they aren't selling their rental fleets. I liked my rental experience at Evolution, and my buddies got a great deal at Summit Ski Bike and Board... this was two years ago, and they were on Flatlines.

edited to add: I just remembered how awesome Summit was when I went. I blew my compression cartridge in my 40 when I was there, and they rebuilt it over lunch. It was mid-late september, so not peak season, but still... It was excellent customer service. I feel like an ass for not bringing the wrench a case of beer, so I figured I'd give them as much good publicity as I can.

Last edited:

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
Only Whistler Demo Center and Summit have bikes with above low-end forks though. Fanatyk has full saint groups on all of their bikes, but again only low end forks
I walked around w/ my buddy a couple weeks ago... he ended up getting a Demo from Evolution and enjoying it. Fanatyk had Aurum's w/ full Saint... and Nevegals. Summit had 40's on their bikes, but everything that was left by mid morning... had shredded rubber.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008

: /
I would have thought they do that so they can (unfortunately) charge you more when you write off a derailleur!