Quantcast

Best DH clip pedal

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
Hey everyone I used flats for a while but now im really liking riding with clips, what are the best ones that are also durable, nothing im going to break into multiple pieces smashing into a rock.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Not great experience with Mallets here.

Pedal came loose on the spindle a few times. And after about 8months the spring retaining the clipped portion snapped. LLocal CB distributor wouldn't warranty it and the spring isn't part of the spare parts package so it's just sitting in a corner now.

SCARY

Not long enough
Not great experience with Mallets here.

Pedal came loose on the spindle a few times. And after about 8months the spring retaining the clipped portion snapped. LLocal CB distributor wouldn't warranty it and the spring isn't part of the spare parts package so it's just sitting in a corner now.
I'm hoping ,pie in the sky ,the new ones are better.

Mlody

Monkey
Feb 25, 2006
London - UK
I had both shimano spd's and Time pedals, and I prefer Time Z's - they're durable and just feel right. 6 years on mine and they're still working.

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I was on Time Zs for years and years, and pretty happy with them, tried the Mallets for a year, and now am on the Shimano DX pedals. Best of the bunch IMHO.

dirtyjungle

Chimp
Jun 22, 2011
Charlotte
Crank brothers are not easy to deal with forsure. But I have had no problems with my Mallets. I just like the CB & time style of SPDs better then the Shimano.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Shimano M647 DX pedal is phenomenal in my opinion as well, it is so durable, the engagement always feels right. Great value for money as well.