Quantcast

Best Biking desktop Background? Now with 2008 action!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
FIrst, hes dead on. Pointing out that its a studio shoot and saying what you did seems very much like you trying to cut the shooters work done, and perhaps make excuses for why your own might not be as good.

He also didn't slam you at all, simply asked if you had napoleon syndrome. Yer a short dude, its a fact. I'm tall and funny lookin. We both got our problems. :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Or, he just knows how to set his flashes up so they aren't terribly obviously present and overpowering. Spomer can do the same thing, which is another reason (among many) that I love his shots so much.

This is one shot off my site by a guy named Jay Newman. Just a shame there was no real way of showing the jump itself, as it was very hidden and buried in the grass.

Couldnt agree with this statement more, spomer's stuff is top notch, i really think Fraser is right there to, he just needs to shoot some more huck clowns because that is where the spotlight is...:cheers:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Couldnt agree with this statement more, spomer's stuff is top notch, i really think Fraser is right there to, he just needs to shoot some more huck clowns because that is where the spotlight is...:cheers:

it's not a contest or anything, just trying to stoke out mtbing, ya know? so many good pictures taken nowadays. i just get lucky with the people i get to take pictures of...really lucky.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I did delete his post, he got an email why. If he wants to come into a thread at random and post retarded personal attacks, he'll end up getting banned. Read the rules, it's in there. I would have done it if he had posted in any other thread with the same nonsense as well.

As for the photos, i never once said anything wasn't good. In fact, i quite like both of those. I was just pointing out that the CORNERING for the shot was setup and not a race shot. Hence the reason i mentioned he may have been skidding along on his shoulder the next shot. Being able to set up a shot like that is rad, from both an action and lighting standpoint.

edit: Yes I'm short, yes Jeff is funny looking, and apparently, spomer now has a molester moustache.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
©2001;2344995 said:
it's not a contest or anything, just trying to stoke out mtbing, ya know? so many good pictures taken nowadays. i just get lucky with the people i get to take pictures of...really lucky.
Oh i totally gotcha on that. hahah fraser and i had a convo the other day about shooting racing vs freeride...just referencing that but i guess noone would know that.

eitherway props to all mtb photogs.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
©2001;2344979 said:
where'd aztomac's post go? if anyone questions authority it gets deleted? awesome.
it's ridemonkey commrade! fraser is the fuhrer round these parts. oops, here goes my post. :biggrin: :ban: haha
164productions had a sick picture that can kind of get turned into a desktop.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
That's a cool shot, but for some reason I'd like to see the trail and that rider ripping a turn.

Maybe it's that feeling of nailing a corner right that makes me want to see pictures of people ripping through turns.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm working on the entry level photog stuff....after seeing how hard it is to get good action shots, especially in less than perfect light, i have much respect for you good photog's. some insane pics in this thread :cheers:

one of my favorites from over 2 years ago. wish i had a better camera for this shot

stiles (R.I.P)

wish i had a bigger version of this

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
One thing I dont understand, cos I like having the fullscreen filled with the wallpaper, is what kinda resolution do people have that post images with a bigger height than width?
:confused:

Btw, the one from DH biker is amazing! :shocked: