Quantcast

Bercy indoor vid circa 1998

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I am 'retweeting' this vid here via Stikman's Twitter. Worth the watch

Classic Bercy (in Paris) indoor vid circa 1998.

All the top guns from back in the days. Vouilloz, Gracia, Cullinan, Lopes, Corrado Herin, Bas de Bever etc...

Get schooled by the old school!

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/111345/

Last edited:

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
good watch...man I was 16 in 98' and desperately wanted a pair of those briko glasses....lets all thank god that they went away and more-so that I never got a pair:D

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Holy crap! How old was Jonnier back in 98? I didn't realize she's been racing for at least 12 years...
When we first went to Bercy in 1995, Jonnier was there too, I have a poster of her from that event. They paid all the athletes start money and expenses and did the same for me! The stadium held 12,000 people and it sold out in 95' at about $22 a ticket.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
When we first went to Bercy in 1995, Jonnier was there too, I have a poster of her from that event. They paid all the athletes start money and expenses and did the same for me! The stadium held 12,000 people and it sold out in 95' at about $22 a ticket.
Wow, times have changed indeed.

I remember going to the 1998 World Champs in MSA and the parking lot was full of wicked setups for teams. Semis, Palmer's bus, etc. There was so much hype in Québec City. Not to bag on how things are today, but pre-2000 gravity mtb was something different than it is now. Hell I remember that RDS (Quebec's version on TSN, the canadian version of ESPN) presented every World Cup DH race on tv every week of the racing season. Forget about it now...

At least we have the Web now. Coverage is getting better and better each year, providing that there was kind of a "blackout", in my opinion, in the beginning of the 2000's.

Last edited: