Quantcast

Bent seat rail fixes

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
I have a nice broken in saddle I don't want to part with, but the rails are bent. Anyone have a good technique for straightening seat rails?
Thanx

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
turn your bike upside down stand with one foot on the rails in front of the seat post and one on the rails behind the seatpost. then pull up on the chainstay and downtube. That is a temporary fix to your problem. The only thing is once they bend they are more likely to bend again. Plus if they have ripped through the seat frame underneath. They are not going to stay straight.

JAB

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
Almost there...
I would suggest getting a new saddle. Bending the rails back is an emergency only solution. The rails will be so weakened that they will snap on a large impact. Imagine loosing your saddle during a run and having the post/rail hit you while landing a drop. The proctologist would have field day on your expense!!

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
just bent mine again today on this STUPID 30x15 canyon gap/drop thing. My voice is about 2 octives higher.

before i rebent it i just moved the seat post forward on the rails to stradle the bent then tightened it back down to bring it back to shape...worked alright until the afternoon.