Quantcast

Beech MTN 2011?

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Unofficial and I hope I am wrong but...I doubt it is in the budget.
I'll make my voice heard (and I already have to the powers that be in charge of money at beech) and I REALLY want to see a qualifier before nationals at Beech. I know allot of you butt monkey's do too!

Unfortunately I don't think the Beech peeps really check RM so everyone should barrage their facebook page with requests for a qualifier race!

Speaking of a qualifier, who isn't qualified for either DH or 4X that wants to race Nationals?

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I'll make my voice heard (and I already have to the powers that be in charge of money at beech) and I REALLY want to see a qualifier before nationals at Beech. I know allot of you butt monkey's do too!

Unfortunately I don't think the Beech peeps really check RM so everyone should barrage their facebook page with requests for a qualifier race!

Speaking of a qualifier, who isn't qualified for either DH or 4X that wants to race Nationals?
Trill you sound like a douchebag.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Do I need to qualify to be in the peanut gallery for National Champs? My plan is to park it in the toughest section on the track, drink heavily, and make someone cry with constant yelling through a harass-a-phone. :D

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Trill you sound like a douchebag.
now that I read my post again I do sound allot like Butch :rofl:

I'm not planning on racing but I know my girl Caroline really wants to race 4X and she was unable to make it to ETSU because of her work schedule (gotta pay dem bills). If there isn't another local qualifier then a potential NC National Champion may not be able to compete

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC

Paris Mountain Downhill is gonna happen this year, it will be a Qualifier as well as SC State Gravity Championships Aug 28th

the only reason it hasn't officially been announced is the USA Cycling Permit is pending. and even though we missed the May 1st deadline to submit our paperwork, USAC has approved it.

announcements coming soon

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
From a little birdie - Beech will be having a qually around Aug. 13 or 20th
Yes it is a must to host a 4x with no other quallies goin on the whole east coast, besides the earlier ETSU - which was actually rained out.

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
I was hoping that somehow a Super D event could qualify
USAC in its infinite wisdom considers Super D a cross country discipline, so no.

My plan is to park it in the toughest section on the track, drink heavily, and make someone cry with constant yelling through a harass-a-phone. :D
We are going to get along swimmingly. I'm planning on using this as my pre-season heckling warmup for cyclocross

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
All of the GES races will count as qualifiers for DH. Also during the GES race weekend at Wisp there will be a dual race on June 18 that will count as a qualifier for 4X

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Our intention this summer at BMRI is to prepare our facility for USAC MTB Nationals. Our number one priority is putting on a polished event. A polished, event, course, etc, is imperative so that not only BMRI, but the Southeast Gravity community can be proud. We realize many people are interested in BMRI hosting a qualifier. We understand the interest, and we are open to the possibility. Nothing has been established. Again, please bare with us and more importantly understand that our focus is nationals and producing a polished event. As we progress in the project we will keep you updated with more information. For now, please respect that we are working hard and we appreciate the interest.

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
I just want to add that for those of you that think Beech is "not on top of things" you are very mistaken. This event has been in the works since last October and while it might seem like nothing is happening on the outside there is more than any of you could ever imagine happening internally which is what makes an event like this actually happen. I know some of you have seen that my name is attached to this event and in the end I am going to do everything I can to make this a positive for everyone. Most importantly what matters is that a lot of people are working towards having a really great venue for what we all hope to be some amazing racing. People are working really hard so everyone in the Southeast has a place to ride. I really hope everyone can come together and bring the positive fun feel back to mountain biking which is the reason any of us got into riding in the first place. I grew up racing Beech mountain long before a lot of you rode bikes, it is a special mountain to me and I look forward to many years of riding to come on it.

dcn06

Chimp
Apr 27, 2010
Morganto nc
I was there last week riddin the new CC stuff, the downhill had not been touched. They better get it together, not much time left.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
If what I understand is correct, Beech Mountain wants to have a bike park up and running as early as next summer. That would explain them upgrading the chairs the way that they have. :thumb:
PLEASE say it's so. I have never understood with all the folks in NC why there wasn't an established Bike Park (well I do understand the insurance and money thing, but doesn't mean I had to like it). :)

Jul 20, 2004
GA
I am pretty stoked that nationals is going to be held at Beech. Cannot wait to race it. Chris, glad to hear that you are helping out with this. Been out of the scene for quite a bit but will for sure make it to this one! I wish Sugar got there act togeather also. It was fun when they had nationals there (except for the lift).

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I was there last week riddin the new CC stuff, the downhill had not been touched. They better get it together, not much time left.
It's June. The event is over 3 months away. You can cut a course from scratch in less than 2 weeks when it's your job, and that's Chris' department. He actually does this stuff for a living and has a great resume of trails and track so far.

Not to mention, when all the grubby Lees McRae and ASU kids get back on campus in August, there will be tons of volunteers and test riders to burn it in.

Stoked!:thumb:

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
It's June. The event is over 3 months away. You can cut a course from scratch in less than 2 weeks when it's your job, and that's Chris' department. He actually does this stuff for a living and has a great resume of trails and track so far.

Not to mention, when all the grubby Lees McRae and ASU kids get back on campus in August, there will be tons of volunteers and test riders to burn it in.

Stoked!:thumb:
Sounds like freshman year is already in store with LOTS of biking. I would totally be down for volunteering and test riding anything! :thumb: :rofl: :D :weee: