Quantcast

Barel: How to ride AM

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
some gnar there,allot of this can be transfered into dh duh,I love fabiens attitude,always the happiest dude to be riding.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I love learning new stuff!

I have always tried to have low heals for rock gardens and hard braking but I have never really trained myself to drop my heel in a turn. Also putting your knee against the frame is new to me (although I am a little wary of having my knee next to moving parts of the frame).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is exactly what I needed for helping Wifey with her riding. Better to hear it from someone other than me.

Aug 4, 2008
@Polandspring88: Indeed, which makes all his advice completely useless and lame. I mean does he even know how to ride overmountain? How about letting some true overmountain/allmountain (there are some great crossover riders out there!) get a chance to state some correct information. Nowadays everyone is an expert, huh?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
@Polandspring88: Indeed, which makes all his advice completely useless and lame. I mean does he even know how to ride overmountain? How about letting some true overmountain/allmountain (there are some great crossover riders out there!) get a chance to state some correct information. Nowadays everyone is an expert, huh?
My sarcasm meter is broken. You serious or trolling?

Great vid. Fabian is supprisingly good at breaking everything down.

Aug 4, 2008
@atrokz: Really depends from what Cannondales intentions are. Are they Trolling or are they Serious or just Stupid? Another factor is Polandspring88: Is he Serious or Trolling or maybe just Stupid?

One could say, that there is also a third factor... Is Barel competent enough? I mean, he clearly can't discern Overmountain from Allmountain from Downhill. Is he Serious? or Trolling or perhaps just Stupid?

Those are the life's greatest mysteries.

We need an Overmountain PRO to clarify this mess. There has to be some on RM, right? If there are no Overmountain PRO's here. I mean they have to be here. I'm feeling dizzy.

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
the Overmountain Pros are busy discussing which superthin flat pedal is best, or which $100 Schwalbe tire is best, or which new variable pivot suspension design is best.

one thing they all agree on: if you aren't on an All Mountain bike, you can't do the things Barel was doing... since it's really about having the right bike for the right niche. as the brits are fond of saying, horses for courses... and we're all dressage riders now!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I made a through-mountain bike out of neutrinos but during the test ride it passed through the earth and headed out towards Jupiter. V2.0 will have a TBM mounted on the front. It will be a lot heavier but drawbacks to low interacting particles are just too much to overcome.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I made a through-mountain bike out of neutrinos but during the test ride it passed through the earth and headed out towards Jupiter. V2.0 will have a TBM mounted on the front. It will be a lot heavier but drawbacks to low interacting particles are just too much to overcome.
winnar. /thread.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I saved it down and unsquished the aspect ratio. Was it not meant to be shared?
I think it came with a mag, so no... they want you top buy the mag.

I liked the vid, the section on drops where he's pushing the front end toward the tranny before the rear wheel clears the takeoff is sick. Don't want to mess that move up...