Quantcast

Back pain..

Mar 23, 2006
NoVA/ Richmond
Lately when I ride my 20" , I notice pain in my lower back. It started as a slight ache if I was doing alot of rear wheel tricks. Then one morning, after a ride, I noticed my lower back hurt alot more, to the point I couldn't hardly bend over. I took it easy for 2 weeks or so, until it didn't hurt anymore. But on longer rides it still hurts. Has this happened to any of you? Do you think switching out my frame for a longer one would be beneficial?(I'm about 6' with a 20.5"tt)

Thanks for any input.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
it has sort of happened to me. not sure if it is the same as you, but i think you mite want to think about getting some higher rise bars or maybe a longer frame. for me i just had to kind of get used to the feeling of a 20 again, but i would seriously consider the bar suggestion.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
tried 8" bars? My new whip has 'em and I'm perfectly comfortable (6' tall). My old 20 w/ 7.25" bars killed me to the point I hated 20s and didn't ride one for about 2 years. My buddy bought a new complete about six months ago. It's a 21" and the first thing he did was put 8" bars on it. I rode and I was hooked. Maybe something to look into if you already haven't.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
the 8" rise really does prolong the pain, i mean riding is riding and your going to be sore but it helps.

mxsport41

Chimp
Apr 12, 2007
Ok here is the strecth you need to do take a bar stool or in off a couch arm you want something kinda high then take one leg at a time put it on the chair indian style then slowly put your head to your knee you will feel pulling and strecthing on you lower back and a$$ do each side and it should keep you loose. It is proably your (Sighatic) not spelled right that is acting up it gets real tight then locks your lower back up. but try it slowly and see if it works.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I think a sh!t ton of stretching and strength training is the only thing that'll remedy back pains. I've had many back promblems/pain till I started getting in real shape.