Quantcast

Back from Whistler

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just back from Whistler and its was even better this time. Rode and talked to several Monkies including speed training from post master number one Acadian on No Joke. The upper trail are super fun but Original Sin was a little difficult in the rain. There where tons of pros there already getting ready for the festival next week. More Whistler info later.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes, I rode last down No Joke to make sure Luc did not fall behind :D

I still can get over this one:

The new drop to step up on Dirt Merchant by the old rock drop is just sweet it’s like landing on a pillow and the more speed the better it gets.

I kept running into Ska Todd at the lift sporting the cool new O5 DH bike. He told me to sell the Orange but did not offer me a good deal on a new bike must have been a mistake. I also followed the brain himself DW down No Joke but I could not keep up due to all the chain growth on my 222 :cool:

The fork to run at Whistler was 888 and it was just on all bikes even on one die hard Rock Shox rider – I will mention no names.

There were so many people over from Europe including 360 who was going back for an 8 week DH trip in Europe. There were also so many bears and our lift stop just above a bear with three cubs that later block the road down to Dirt Merchant cute and scary at the same time.

Also met Sanjay who said he will race semi pro so lets see how that goes but good luck in Idaho.

Whistler Whistler Whistler it has it all and now back to work :mad:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
CBJ said:
The fork to run at Whistler was 888 and it was just on all bikes even on one die hard Rock Shox rider – I will mention no names.
:eek:

-ska todd

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
-BB- said:
How are you feeling Kid Deux?

Heard you got a little banged up.
Right heel is hurtin'
one finger on my right hand is swollen
a bit tired

but other than that feeling awesome!! :thumb: Can't say as much about the bike ;) she need some TLC

heard you had a fun time at N*?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
CBJ said:
There were so many people over from Europe including 360 who was going back for an 8 week DH trip in Europe.
Yeah, that's Sam, the guy I was out there with. He's such a lucky bugger, touring Europe for 8 weeks. Ah to be blissfully unemployed eh! :) Gonna be hitting an IXS race in Switzerland with him in August, bring it :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
CraigH said:
I met him on the lift Saturday. Everyone was more than a little muddy, but you could still see his pink helmet.
Damm it was muddy Saturday but I keept riding until the end and I was so happy that our condo had washer and dryer. I ran the same load twice and the second time the water still looked like YooHoo. The best thing about the rain was the grip on A-line and it was just impossible to slid out in the berms - supertacky delux.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
CBJ said:
The best thing about the rain was the grip on A-line and it was just impossible to slid out in the berms - supertacky delux.
that is when you could see the berms...man I tried with and without goggles and I still couldn't see jack! ;)

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
CraigH said:
I met him on the lift Saturday. Everyone was more than a little muddy, but you could still see his pink helmet.
he was rocking the bcd this weekend. cool bike. tho when i saw it the front tire was hanging off the rim...

CraigH

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
Vancouver, BC Canada
CBJ said:
Damm it was muddy Saturday but I keept riding until the end ...
I rode till 5:00 as the guys I was riding with tickets ran out.

It wasn't all that muddy considering the amount of rain over the last 24 hours.

Early in the season last year was really bad as the ground was still wet from snow melt, then when it rained, river city.

The line up for the wash rack was huge, I just took my bike home dirty. I was talking to the Bike Park guys and they are talking about building a second wash rack.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
did you ride garbanzo on sat? holy shiznit, it was messy up there. i felt guilty about riding the trail in those conditions - it was getting shredded.

CraigH

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
Vancouver, BC Canada
xy9ine said:
did you ride garbanzo on sat? holy shiznit, it was messy up there. i felt guilty about riding the trail in those conditions - it was getting shredded.
No, I didn't go up there. I know the head instructor for the park and when I talked to him first thing in the morning he said to give it a miss until it dried out, which it never did due to the rain off and on. Apparently it had poured all through the night.