Quantcast

axle path website?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Somebody posted on rm about a year or so ago, a website that graphed the axle path of numerous dh bikes. I tried the search engine with no luck. Anyone know what site I'm talking about?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I definitely remember the site, but I don't have the address. Sorry. Consider this a "bump" for your thread.

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
unfotunately you all will have to wait till i get my lazy ass to walk the 20 feet to my PC and email all of you. but dont worry, i shall not fail, you will have to PM me and remind me to send it to you, that way i wont forget.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
not the most useful thing for understanding anything about how a bike will work on the trail, but its good for comparing axle paths I guess. Not that comparing axle paths alone buys you anything.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
dw said:
not the most useful thing for understanding anything about how a bike will work on the trail, but its good for comparing axle paths I guess. Not that comparing axle paths alone buys you anything.
Yeah, but without going into significant depth (including gearing, chainline, blah blah) is there really a better way to represent that kind of information in a useful manner, so that everyday hacks such as us can use/understand it?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
thaflyinfatman said:
Yeah, but without going into significant depth (including gearing, chainline, blah blah) is there really a better way to represent that kind of information in a useful manner, so that everyday hacks such as us can use/understand it?
Thats really what im getting at. Without all of that inofrmation, there is really no way possible to have any understanding at all about what the suspension systems actually do. Get what im sayin'?

dw

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
dw said:
Thats really what im getting at. Without all of that inofrmation, there is really no way possible to have any understanding at all about what the suspension systems actually do. Get what im sayin'?

dw
Gotcha - what else (in a general sense) needs to be taken into account? Obviously gearing/chainline, weight distribution/shifts etc... does crank length affect that kind of stuff?