Quantcast

Avid Juicy Lever with Hayes Caliper?

Nomotivs

Monkey
Dec 13, 2003
Bham
I have a frame that will only fit the old style 22mm Hayes calipers but I hate hayes levers. Do you think I could use a avid juicy 7 lever with it? I believe they both use DOT 4 fluid and the Juicy lever has the Speed Dial adjustment for lever feel/master cylinder starting position so I thought it might work. What do you think?

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
The size of the pistons and the size of the master cylinder are matched. So most likely the ratio will be wacky. Im sure you're going to get a million replys that say.. NO WAY DONT EVER Try it but hey.... you never know it might work out.

Nomotivs

Monkey
Dec 13, 2003
Bham
Ya, I thought about that but I don't think there is enough room. The brake is for a Chumba Wumba Zulu DSS that has a floating brake arm.

Handlebarsfsr said:
i believe hayes makes adapters for 22mm bikes to convert them to standart 74mm spacing.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Not enough room? You could always grind away the offending part of the Hayes adapter, if you've ever seen one, they're f'ing huge. Would probably work just fine minus some material.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Sorry to bring back the dead, but has this thread seen any resolution? I have an older Mr Dirt fork that only takes 22mm calipers. I guess I can have a machinist recut me another adapter to the IS standard, but I'm cheap. So, I was thinking of the 22mm Hayes to Juicy 7 lever...
(Useful) feedback appreciated.