Quantcast

Attension DH girls, help needed (Socal)

mott7070

Chimp
Apr 20, 2005
Glendale, Ca
My friend Jill who recently discovered mountain biking has shown an interest in DH racing. Her one concern other than killing herself is that she is the only girl interested in it. I tried to reassure her that she is definitely not. She wants to try it at least in a practice format and I told her there is a race coming up in Fontana in Novemeber that she should at least go to and maybe some people might be practicing there beforehand.

Is there anyone that she can contact that can kind of put her under their wing? No commitment or anything just someone to show her the ropes. I have offered but in the end I'm just another guy. :bonk: Right now she only has a hardtail and has had very limited experience downhilling on dirt. That being said she also runs spin classes. Her sprinting is insane.

I hope one of you guys can lend a hand.

Thanks in advance.

Mott

SBF-Racing

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
You should have her sign up here and introduce herself. There are a lot of DH girls on here, and some from Cali too. Might be a good way to meet some people she could go ride with. It will at least prove there are in fact girls that ride DH. Have her check out this thread as well, its an old thread so some of the pics are gone, but there are still lots to see:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103078

Lots of girls of all abilities riding DH and freeride, and most of them from this board!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
where in california?
i wouldn't mind chilling with another dh girl, but i'm afraid i am probably far away from you guys.

but unfortunately, most dh girls end up riding with all guys. even though it's not the most ideal situation... it'll make her better in the long run.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Mott,

I'll be at the race in November, although I won't be able to make it up for practice on Saturday because we have a wedding to go to, but I will be there on Sunday.

I sent you a PM with some contact info.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
Mott,

I will be there for practice on Saturday. I sent you a pm with my email address. I would be happy to hook up with her and show her the ropes.

Den Mother

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
I'm adding myself to the list of mudhunnies willing to help her out...I'm going to be at Fontana with Shyrmp and Nanhar :)

BTW, were you at Woodward with the rest of the SBF guys this past weekend? I was but I'm not sure who you are by your screen name.