Quantcast

Are you registered to vote?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yup, registurd. I have a meeting scheduled with the county clerk on tuesday in the same building as voting. One stop shopping.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Dude, I am so goddamn registered.

Like, I don't think that I can get more registered than I am right now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'm actually not registered. i sent in the forms 8 weeks ago, requested an absentee ballot... and got nothing. :confused:

update: i AM registered after all. absentee ballot was eaten in the mail, see post below. will vote in person instead

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Toshi said:
i'm actually not registered. i sent in the forms 8 weeks ago, requested an absentee ballot... and got nothing. :confused:
It's cos you're a terrorist. :think: If you use your brain too much you're a terrorist.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Toshi said:

call, they could have you in the computer system. i changed my name and address for my voter registration but never got my new card. i called and im in the computer as my new name, my card just never came. supossedly it got mailed out on the 9th of oct.

oh yeah, i'm registered.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
laura said:
call, they could have you in the computer system. i changed my name and address for my voter registration but never got my new card. i called and im in the computer as my new name, my card just never came. supossedly it got mailed out on the 9th of oct.
thanks for the prodding :) . i just called the grant county auditor (since i'm registered as an eastern washington resident) and i am in the system. they sent out a ballot on oct 15, but sent it to my parents' old house. mail is being forwarded from there, but ballots can't be forwarded so the postal system ate it.

even tho it's too late for them to send out another absentee ballot all is still well, as i can fill out a provisional ballot in person at my local polling location (the next dorm over, about 800 feet from where i sit) and vote in the federal and state elections :thumb:

Changleen said:
Are any of you political monkies NOT registered?

It seems like you are the most political of us all, considering out of the last 100 posts you made here, you made in the neighborhood of 99 posts in this forums, talking about American Politics and its short coming, and one was about Eminem. So why not just bite the bullet and move to America since you care about it so much? :eviltongu

On second thought, do you only come to the political forum and post your rants for fun? I have to admit that I have been here a lot recently, but mostly because your statements recently has been so outrageous that I couldn't keep my silence. But I'm going to look at the DOwnhill forum now, because I probably won't see you there. Then I'm going out to ride after work. I don't start threads for fun here, liek you do. I got way too much other stuff to worry about..........Have a nice day.

Nick

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nicklin said:
It seems like you are the most political of us all, considering out of the last 100 posts you made here, you made in the neighborhood of 99 posts in this forums, talking about American Politics and its short coming, and one was about Eminem. So why not just bite the bullet and move to America since you care about it so much? :eviltongu
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1278915&highlight=america#post1278915
nicklin said:
On second thought, do you only come to the political forum and post your rants for fun? I have to admit that I have been here a lot recently, but mostly because your statements recently has been so outrageous that I couldn't keep my silence. But I'm going to look at the DOwnhill forum now, because I probably won't see you there. Then I'm going out to ride after work. I don't start threads for fun here, liek you do. I got way too much other stuff to worry about..........Have a nice day.

Nick
the "i'm going riding now, why don't you all shut up and do the same" argument is hypocritical and weak

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
nicklin said:
SO he is a disgruntled ex residence that now insists on making a point of being a critic of America. that just maeks it soooo much better, right? :nope:
Actually, I'm not very disgruntled. I'm quite happy. :D And I do like posting on this forum for fun. That's why I do it. I don't do it for your or anyone else benefit, let me assure you!
I post about riding on other more local forums since I don't live in the US anymore. I ride BMX, and MTB quite a bit (it was one of the main reasons I moved to NZ), if you look in the BMX and DJ thread you'll see I used to post there quite a bit. Anyway. I don't have to jusify my life to you or anyone else. If you have a problem with people like me, Silver, Fluff, Toshi (excuses to those I left behind) shattering your little 'patriotic' fantasies don't read my stuff. I don't care. If you don't have half an argument to use against me other than 'You don't live here' then you really are quite pathetic. Maybe you should get out and ride more before your esteemed leader destroys all your forests for the profit of his buddies.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
nicklin said:
Brings up an intersting point, one which most Americans haven't considered.

You don't need to be living in America to be affected by its policies. It kind of makes the rest of the world an interested party.