Quantcast

are these computers any good?

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
I have some equipment to sell again.

On the block are 9 NEC vl-pad-933 tablet PCs. These are almost 3 years old but are brand new. They were purchased to distribute to salesmen but the application the company was using turned out to be vaporware. So, they have been sitting in a closet ever since. Each one comes with a regular AC => DC power converter, cigarette lighter adapter, keyboard, mouse, easel, bag and CD RW. Being that they are tablets they do not have to use keyboards or mice but rather an on-screen keyboard with a stylus. Recovery and application CD's along with user manual are included. They are $xxx each. They specs are:

Windows XP Tablet
Mobile 933mhz processor
256MB RAM upgradeable to 512MB
20GB HDD
10.4" screen
Weighs 2lbs

They are the same as this:

http://www.superwarehouse.com/NEC_Ve...-933/ps/243017
im getting one from a buddy that is an IT guy for $200 NIB.........all im going to be using it for is home budgets/iTunes and web surfing

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
For $200, that looks pimp. I'd buy one in a second at that price if I had the money kicking around, it'd be awesome around the house, bringing it places to show photos to people... I've got a HTPC almost built and will be using my laptop to control it via VNC - using that instead would be slick.

For $1000 there's not any way in hell that I'd buy it but for $200, buy as many as you can get and eBay the rest :D