Quantcast

Are head angles getting slacker and slacker???

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My sincere apologies! Btw. I run the Mojo HD with about 65 deg HA: A-C of Vengeance is 10mm longer than of same travel Fox 36, front wheel is a bit taller than rear wheel, -1 deg angle set. Bike handles great. Some days I am tempted to raise the front to 170mm just to see what it will be like.

Last edited:

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
My sincere apologies! Btw. I run the Mojo HD with about 65 deg HA: A-C of Vengeance is 10mm longer than of same travel Fox 36, front wheel is a bit taller than rear wheel, -1 deg angle set. Bike handles great. Some days I am tempted to raise the front to 170mm just to see what it will be like.
I've got an HD en route.

Are you running a 650B front w/26 rear, or is the rear tire just a smaller 650B than the front - due to tire choice & clearance issues?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've got an HD en route.

Are you running a 650B front w/26 rear, or is the rear tire just a smaller 650B than the front - due to tire choice & clearance issues?
650b front / rear with smaller tires in the rear because of clearance issues. I currently run Hans Dampf 2.25 Trailstar w/Snake skin there which is real nice but its tread life is very short.

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
@sti

so your bike is like a 64ha 26er.

did you see any obvious difference compared to 26 wheels (that i guess you were running before)?

how does the bike handle with this setup? is it quick handling or a mule?? the steering is as a 26 dh bike with 64 ha (if you have experience with dh bikes)??

Last edited:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@sti

so your bike is like a 64ha 26er.

did you see any obvious difference compared to 26 wheels (that i guess you were running before)?

how does the bike handle with this setup? is it quick handling or a mule?? the steering is as a 26 dh bike with 64 ha (if you have experience with dh bikes)??
Sorry, I have no experience with 26" wheels on that frame. I bought it used with the intent of building it up as a conversion, and I used parts and wheels from my previous 650b conversion. My very old 26er's hubs cannot be converted to 135x12 TA unfortunately.

People like to ride the Ibis slack AFAIK - the previous owner ran a 26" 180/160 setup with an angleset so he already was in the 64-65 deg territory. It handles fine although in steep rough climbs the front wheel has the tendency to wander around. No floppy steering though. I have no experience with DH rigs either, sorry.

Final note - with the big tires and 650b fork, the BB is high. 14.5"+ depending on what wheels/tires. It is quite nice for my usual rocky rooty New England trails but I suspect this high BB would have few fans here. Works for me though but my next bike will have the BB a bit lower.