Quantcast

Apple Cup Week-Who's going to win?

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Definitely not a bike topic. I have been to a few of the games and I am mostly a Husky fan. But having sat in the stands in both stadiums its a lot more fun being in Pullman. Most of the fans are about 30 years younger than the average Husky fan and whereas in Husky Stadium your more likely to see the Police enter the stands to give CPR to a Husky fan, in Pullman the cops enter the stands to arrest some Coug fan that is way drunk and probably assaulting a Husky fan. The Cougs also no how to party- before and after a game. Both schools are having down years and for both teams this game is their bowl game. It should be interesting to see if the Huskies can put another decent game together and if the Cougs can finally win one. We had a few more Cougs post around here than Dawgs but at my last race it was the Dawgs that left me chasing dfl. (thats the bike part of the post).:p

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Don't care.

Central WA Univ Wildcat here.

Yeah there is a school in Ellensburg. :) On the up side the school didn't really have a team sport thing going on like the bigger WA universities. We could go to more student oriented keggers than jsut for games/meets.

John Kinta (sp?) is the only player of recent history to come out of CWU as much as I can remember. Played a pick up game of football in a snowy field once with him and didn't even know who he was. *shrug*

Oh and that Coach Hayden guy from COACH tv series....he went there to from what I heard. :D

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
OSU representing! Huskies will take it in the fourth quarter and run away with it! Its going to be a game to watch for sure though!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
oly said:
Granny smith, or maybe red delicious... could be a close tie.....
Granny smith will undoubtedly pull out the win. Red delicious is consistently too mealy year after year.

BTW...UW Husky alum here :thumb:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Central got a bum deal this year, they went 8-2 and both of their losses were to top ranked small schools including top ranked North Dakota yet they missed the playoffs. Central is a small enough school so those pickup games probably do have a few of the guys off the team. Kitna's had a nice career, probably will spend the rest of it as a backup somehwere.
Ok Oly the Apple King-whats the best apple for baking apple pies?

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Motoking16 said:
OSU representing! Huskies will take it in the fourth quarter and run away with it! Its going to be a game to watch for sure though!
rofl... My money is on WSU being ahead of UW until the fourth quarter where we'll end up "couging it".

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Being an alum I have to go with the Boogers. Not that I have much faith in them, mind you...they've broken my heart too many times. And you're right, Borregokid...Pullman football games are way fun. It's all a drunken debauchery-fest. I don't remember too many 4th quarters. (And the way the Cougs are, that's probably a good thing.)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Cougs, got the family connection. And I just love that the cougar's flag is sitting atop the landmark on the other side of the hill (Space Needle).

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Dbr got a love guys like you and Oly, you dont know didlley about the Huskies, Cougs, Mariners,etc but you can take a Boxxer fork apart and put it back together blindfolded. The last hockey game I went to was the Seattle Totems-those guys still around?

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I thought UW took backthe space needle...

This game should be dubbed the toilet bowl; you can guess why.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
It must be the 'toilet' bowl, there are still 4,000 tickets for sale for the game. The scalpers must be dumping their tickets now. If you wait long enough you could probably get a ticket for $5 bucks. The last time the two teams had worse records was in 1969.