Quantcast

Anyone using Leatt Adventure?

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
There are quite a few of these on closeout for $199-ish.

I'd consider my build to be pretty average. 6'1" not too lanky but not much bulk, at all... So I don't think I'd need much adjustability that comes with the higher end models.

I understand this is a moto brace and not one of the new MTB ones. Is anyone using one of these with a D2? Is range of motion really cut down that much? Especially considering that the back of the D2 tapers off a lot earlier than all the DOT helmets I've seen.

Edit: Also, couldn't I just put MTB padding on it if I have trouble in the steeps..?

All input is appreciated

Cheers
Adam

Last edited:

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Unfortunately, with the Adventure you really don't know for sure until you try it! It depends on your body proportions and riding posture when trails get STEEP.

I ride with a D2, same body "type"/description, and tried the Adventure for a little while only to learn quickly that I needed the additional adjustment (so now I have the 'Club' model). However, I saw plenty of kids in Whistler last summer with the Adventure brace and it didn't seem to be bothering them.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you should really try to demo one of 'em (maybe ask around locally?). The price of the Adventure is enticing to many, but you should never place a price tag on your neck/livelihood--make sure you get something that fits you.

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
Yea, def.

May have to call up a few local MX dealers to see if they have any in stock. However, I'm not very mobile being at school without a car.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Adam, I'm your height and probably a similar build and I hoped like heck the ADVenture would work for me. I went to the local Cycle Gear shop with my armor, helmet and bike and the salesperson was very patient and helpful with me trying them out. In the end, I learned, unfortunately, there was no way it would work and I ended up getting the Club.

I'm glad I did but it was hard getting my brain over the price difference hurdle.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man, i really hope the knockoffs start coming out. Price of entry for one of these things is already more expensive than a VERY good helmet. Buying one that gives you just a little more adjustment doubles the price. Seems like price gouging to me....

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
man, i really hope the knockoffs start coming out. Price of entry for one of these things is already more expensive than a VERY good helmet. Buying one that gives you just a little more adjustment doubles the price. Seems like price gouging to me....
DING DING DING!!!!!

:thumb: