Quantcast

Anyone ridden the Standard 250L?

May 26, 2004
Denver
i'm thinking about buying a standard 250L, but i'm curious to see what other people think about them, specifically how the ride and hold up. let me know...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I've had a Standard TRLS250 since 1999. It's awesome. The head tube hasn't ovalized, nothing's cracked, and it still rides like it's brand new. I only weigh 150lbs, but I jump big trails quite frequently (Woodward East pro dirt) and ride a lot of skateparks, not to mention street every day. Heck, I've even raced the thing quite a few times, and it's never lost a race... I've never heard of the L, but if I had a chance to buy another bike, I'd get another TRLS250. Light, strong, good geometry, and a rad company that supports the sport. Common, how many companies own a skatepark that's OPEN TO THE PUBLIC????

May 26, 2004
Denver
yeah the 250L is the new super light version of what you have, sounds like we ride pretty similar stuff, but i weigh 125lbs and i'm trying to get a really light frame that will hold up like my heavy ass wethepeople has

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Just so's you knows... The specs circulating on the 250L are a little messed up. A lot of people are looking at an online version of a catalog where the description for the 250L was swapped out for the description of their race frame.

Most Standard stuff is really good. Rick's a really big butthole, but the product is good. I don't know if anyone will have ridden one yet, because they either aren't out or just did come out. Certainly no one will have ridden it enough to have a really good idea about it.

I would say that at 125 lbs, even though this frame is *really* designed mostly for trail use, you would be able to get away with it.