Quantcast

Anyone racing yet?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I bet some of you Arizona monkeys are having XC races. We have our first series race in Oregon this weekend, and I'm heading up for the race. I have to say that I'm a bit annoyed at having a race so early in the year...our cross season ended not very long ago

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Oregon racing starts waaaay to early. It's downright stupid. For the hell of it, Derek and I might try to race it on a tandem. We will in NO WAY be competitive since we've only ridden one once and Derek is sketchy as hell on the front. Maybe we'll see you there.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Oregon racing starts waaaay to early. It's downright stupid. For the hell of it, Derek and I might try to race it on a tandem. We will in NO WAY be competitive since we've only ridden one once and Derek is sketchy as hell on the front. Maybe we'll see you there.
I'm sure you will. Our team is fielding 5 pros and I think we have our team tactics worked out. We figure if we can control the race we'll have a good shot at getting as many podium spots as possible.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well scratch that plan. We don't have a way to get the borrowed tandem up there - doesn't fit in our car. I wonder what the turnout will be like. I checked online and there aren't too many people preregistered.

PUSH RACING BACK 2 MONTHS DAMMIT

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
Down here in NorCal we've already had a few races, the dirt's perfect, and today it was 70 degrees and sunny.
Who here's visiting for Sea Otter!?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
The ice races look crazy!! I would be scared.

Well scratch that plan. We don't have a way to get the borrowed tandem up there - doesn't fit in our car. I wonder what the turnout will be like. I checked online and there aren't too many people preregistered.

PUSH RACING BACK 2 MONTHS DAMMIT
You didn't miss much...it was 32 and raining when we showed up. The day got slightly warmer (maybe 38) and it stopped raining. Our team had a killer showing...in the pro class we took 1,4,5,6,7. I was the 5th place and I was a little disappointed I didn't make it to the end with the front guys for the sprint.

Down here in NorCal we've already had a few races, the dirt's perfect, and today it was 70 degrees and sunny.
Who here's visiting for Sea Otter!?
I think I'm gonna reg tomorrow for the Otter