Quantcast

Anyone raced any Enduros?

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
So it seems multi-stage "Enduro" racing is really kicking off. Folks are saying it better represents how we all ride our bikes, and it's more fun - equal parts social and ripping down trails, and a lot more time on the bike. I personally haven't raced one yet, but we are holding one locally in May and may turn it into a series.

Dirt are covering them, and the SuperEnduro series in Europe was really attended (450 riders for the final in Italy). We see some (older) DH pros moving that way too...Nico, Mosely, Dan A, etc. Some of the top Enduro riders are fully sponsored pros.

It's pretty interesting to me that SRAM has lost a couple of top DH teams this year, but were the primary sponsors of the SuperEnduro series...perhaps a shift on their part?

And the UCI attended the SuperEnduro final, with Chris Ball saying he sees a professional UCI Enduro series in 2013.

Things that make you go hmmmmm...

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
i did the highland over mountain last year, and it was incredibly fun. I highly suggest doing one

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Just did my first UK one, brilliant race! This particular venue had stages more technical than a lot of DH tracks so it's a damn good challenge!

Unfortunately, it also made me realise that my Giant Anthem might not be the best tool for the job :( $$

Last edited: