Quantcast

Anyone know anything about Fire Eye bikes?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
One of the local girl rippers, Nadia Steinbrecher, just picked up one of their 24" specific park frames. She seems to really enjoy it. I saw it in person tonight at the woodward park. Good stuff. Dexter rode it, maybe he can chime in.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Fire Eye had a tent all weekend at Rays. I rode Nadia's bike and it is pretty nice. The BB was lower than my molly and the HT is slacker but it felt pretty good.

I took a chance and picked up the 3" rise "75 Calibar" handlebar. I just weighed it and it is 411 grams an ouce lighter than the website says. For a steel bar that seems too light.

The 85 calibar that has the cross bar is listed as 500 grams, kinda thinking I should have picked that one up. It felt really light I wouldn't be surprised if it is lighter than 500 grams.

Oh well we'll see how the 75 calibar holds up. It has holes drilled where the grips are just like what BikeSatori did with his bars. They feel good too.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
wow, cool man! Damn, that is light for a steelie! Surprisingly light coming from FireEye too, with how much they used to overgusset everything in the past too.... I remember some of their frames had gussets at just about every single tube junction possible, including under the downtube on the bb shell! not sure if they still do that or not though...

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
wow, cool man! Damn, that is light for a steelie! Surprisingly light coming from FireEye too, with how much they used to overgusset everything in the past too.... I remember some of their frames had gussets at just about every single tube junction possible, including under the downtube on the bb shell! not sure if they still do that or not though...

The only gussets I noticed were on the HT.

They seemed pretty nice frames but 135mm spacing. After riding bmx 14mm hub there is no way I would go back to a mtb hub.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
They still do that. I checked out their stuff at Ray's this weekend and rode one of their bikes. Not really enough to get used to it, just enough to want to ride my bike again.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
FYI - I got a good 3 hour ride in on the bars last night. They feel really good jumping. Very MTBesque feel.

Right now I am liking the Solid bars better but I'll ride these a few more times to be sure.

gwillywish

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
I wonder what fully Nadia will be riding this year for 4x, i got a chance to ride her sx and it felt dialled, i think a steeper ha and a mid bb would be nice tho

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
my shop really pushes for people to consider these frames, from what i know the guys behind the company are awesome and have great service, but from what ive seen of them in person (never rode one though) i didnt like the fit and finish of the frames.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
nadia i think told me she was going to be rolling the prototype ss/short travel bike they have on the site, but this was before they posted pics but im guessing its the same thing

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Who is this lone US distributor "Just Ride N Along" on their site? Sounds like an Ebay store name. Anyone know what's what?

_James_

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
oakland
Not a German Company. The guy that runs it is from Texas, went to school at UT Arlington. He now lives in Taiwan so as to be closer and in more direct contact with the manufacturers over there.

bmxracer2

Chimp
Oct 25, 2007
Who is this lone US distributor "Just Ride N Along" on their site? Sounds like an Ebay store name. Anyone know what's what?
Hey Bulldog,
What part of Wisco are you from? I used to live near Waukesha.

As for Just Ride'N Along. I can promise it's not an ebay store. I do work for them. Yeah, it's small, but new to the country.

The name comes from working as a wrench. People always say JRA, so we thought it would be a fun name for a company.

Scott glad to hear you like the bars.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Hey Bulldog,
What part of Wisco are you from? I used to live near Waukesha.

As for Just Ride'N Along. I can promise it's not an ebay store. I do work for them. Yeah, it's small, but new to the country.

The name comes from working as a wrench. People always say JRA, so we thought it would be a fun name for a company.

Scott glad to hear you like the bars.
I live in Janesville, right on I-90/94, 30 mins south of Madison. One of my brothers lives up near Appleton, in Wautoma.

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
I've got the Shortfuse 360 frame for sale with an Atomlab pimplite rim laced to a KHE Geisha freecoaster hub going for cheap.

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
No, the US distributor is, uh, no longer distributing. As far as I know they are still in business.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Do you guys ever ride up in Cable? I love those trails up there.
I have heard of Cable, but since my bro doesn't ride more than a bike path I haven't brought a mtb up there ever. Might have to look into it more though if it's worth it? What kind of bike are we talkign about - XC or FR?

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
I have heard of Cable, but since my bro doesn't ride more than a bike path I haven't brought a mtb up there ever. Might have to look into it more though if it's worth it? What kind of bike are we talkign about - XC or FR?
When my buddy and I go up we bring the only bikes we have, which are a canfield balance and his intense uzzi slx. But the trails are definitely xc oriented, but almost any bike except maybe full DH sleds will be at home on the trails.

They're well maintained, well marked, and a lot of fun. We drive up from Chicago which takes roughly 8 hours, and to us, it's worth it.

chale141

Chimp
Jul 10, 2007
The Calibar 85 bars are wonderful are well as the pyro stem, I don't know about the weight but they are incredibly stiff and look nice too!:brows: