Quantcast

Anyone Have Any Experience With the Brooklyn Race/Mini Link?

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by sikocycles
what would you like to know I have some knowledge
Everything you can tell me about the Race Link :) Just how it pedals, how it performs in different areas, suspension performance etc. Thanks.

Also where do you live, where you keep the BMWs if it is guarded etc? ;)

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by The Kadvang
WOW :eek: The lime mini with the lime spring is beautiful....

The mini pedals like a champ. No pedal bob at all. It's a real short/low frame though so the only thing to keep in mind is you might need 2 sets of post/seat (which i'm getting soon) if you're gonna also pedals this thing long ways. The feel of the suspension is super super soft, yet not noodley and 'somehow' ;) just doesn't manage to bottom out.... The mini also has short stays which means twitchy at higher speeds, but if you're like me and don't ride fast then it's the bike for you. It's a 'mini' DH bike in every way, geometry, snappyness, but with full on DH suspension feel...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
hack, both of 'em are really fun. i have a race link and it's served me well through all sorts of terrain coast to coast in the u.s. i'm not super-strong by any stretch of the imagination and i have no problems with handling it through tight technical or WFO. it screams for me to let go of the brakes, but doesn't punish me when i'm on 'em too much (also due in part to the avalanche rear.) makes me feel like RC twisting throttle through berms. it's ridiculous how much fun and confidence inspiring the bike is. but i'm biased.

i keep mine in an unlocked garage at 555 mockingbird lane. no one's ever there and there is no alarm. why do you ask? hehe.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ooohhh polished, i have a race link, it be orange. i'd have to agree with everything that chromegoddess has stated. i'll post up a pic when i get a chance.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
polished...chrome mmmmmmm

hehe, maximum security. i hope macmx shows up in here. his and shortbus's mini's are my faves. (no offense to siko and his stable, or course.)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Oh no reason...

*books plane tickets*
funny guy.

hack, you from 20 - 24 - 26? that's a cool name for a bike shop. all inclusive, y'know? (til i found out they answer the phone just "twenty". bmx wins out again.)

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by chromegoddess
funny guy.

hack, you from 20 - 24 - 26? that's a cool name for a bike shop. all inclusive, y'know? (til i found out they answer the phone just "twenty". bmx wins out again.)
Nope, i'm just from the SE UK (where there is one Brooklyn ditributor in the country and apparently it takes ages to get a frame over).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Holy

F- -ing

Christ

Those bikes are gorgeous. I haven't been really excited about a bike in a long time, those are just incredible. That looks like a bike that could do anything fairly well. Did we ever get a realistic qoute for weight of a regular build, say single crown fork, not overly heavy components? Man...i wonder how it does XC.

I think I'm wet.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
I was actually thinking of building a heavier XC bike for getting in shape but decided I'm going to go with 2 sets of seatposts on my mini, a long one for XC riding. The mini's by no means a light bike, but it pedals very well and is not OVERLY heavy. And it's huber confortable over bumps, even tiny ones.

I will post a XC-type review of my mini when i get it setup and take it to the singletracks.

Christian -

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
doooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

i want one, maybe if i sell both my bikes and my car....maybe a kidney too

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by Sandwich
doooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
You're saying that with a Arnold Shwarzenegger commando accent right?

GET DAAAAWN!!! DO IT, NAAAAW!!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
uiuiui, none of us have relegated our avatars to our favorite manufacturer, eh-hem. ;)

we're really no different than the rest of the slew of people who become carnival barkers for their fave bike company.

not to say i'm not nuts or part of a weird cult.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by chromegoddess
uiuiui, none of us have relegated our avatars to our favorite manufacturer, eh-hem. ;)

we're really no different than the rest of the slew of people who become carnival barkers for their fave bike company.

not to say i'm not nuts or part of a weird cult.
you actually took that posting serious?
if so...
sorry for that.

irony simply doen't work on the internet :(

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
you actually took that posting serious?
if so...
sorry for that.

irony simply doen't work on the internet :(
i was playing along with you. there was no offense taken. my humor was the one that didn't read. now i'm sorry.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I live in Ct and I have 2 armed gaurds with ar15s and 2 attack dogs that go straight for the nuts.

I usually ride my bike at pkill and mt creek. The bike pedals really well. The travel is great and it nevers bottoms. The suspention is great very active and with the brake arm no problem with lock out. Great bike I highly recommend it. I traded bike with a friend with a v10 once and he did not want to give it back.

Hope that helps

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by sikocycles
I live in Ct and I have 2 armed gaurds with ar15s and 2 attack dogs that go straight for the nuts.

The bike pedals really well.
Hope that helps
How about under sprinting, is there much suspension bob?

P.s Cheers for the info.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by Shortbus
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's NUTS.

Is that through their distributor? Have u tried contacting Brooklyn directly???

Christian -
I know it is insane. I think it would be just as bad to get it directly as there is SILLY import tax these days. I may e-mail the UK distributor and Brooklyn nd see what work out best.