Quantcast

Anyone going to the Satriani / Johnson show?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I decided to do a local search for concerts I might want to see and found that Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson are coming to Baltimore in a couple weeks. (Yeah, I'm out of the music scene)

I've seen Joe 3X and Eric 2X, and they always put on good shows. But since I moved here from AZ 6 years ago, I haven't really gotten into playing guitar with others, so all my guitar friends are back out west.

Anyone going to this show?

I found another for Eric Johnson at the Birchmere in August for $15, which I'll probably go to no matter what. Can't pass on tix that low.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
jdschall said:
Way too much guitar noodling for me! Ever see Steve Morse / Dixie Dregs? That guy kicks ass.
Yeah, I met him outside a club on his Southern Steel tour ~1992?. He signed my shirt and hung out for a bit. I've got some pictures of us somewhere.

I still find myself trying to play highland wedding on my guitar now and then.

I haven't listened to Satch or Johnson for a number of years, but think it would be cool to see what they're doing nowadays.

I might just wait for Johnson to come to the Birchmere in August by himself. $15 bucks is a little easier and it's closer.

On a side note, if you LIKE noodling, Yngwie Malmsteen is coming to the State Theatre on May 6th. That's what I think of when I think of guitar just getting out of hand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not going to that show but have tickets to Ween in C'ville in a few weeks. James Brown is lined up to play down here too. I can't miss that show.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
sirknight6 said:
And to think, I used to respect and like you too.....:rolleyes:

:p

:D

Too much noodling? are you insane? :rolleyes:

:D :rofl: :rofl:

I'm all about some good old fashion pentatonic noodling but when they start throwing down mixolydian, phrygian, augmented flat 7ths I give up.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jdschall said:
I'm all about some good old fashion pentatonic noodling but when they start throwing down mixolydian, phrygian, augmented flat 7ths I give up.
Awe man....THATS when it gets fun!!!!!!!!! I can help you with modes you know...;)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jdschall said:
You silly Gibson man, You just hate me because of my affinity towards Stratocasters and other guitars with long fret lengths.
Now its simply sad AND pathetic. WHO ever heard of a good stratocaster...:rolleyes:

That's like riding a "Next" bike...:p

:D :rofl:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jdschall's sig should read:

"You will be spending time outdoors, in the mountains, near water with a crappy Strat." - Fortune cookie

LOL!!!!! :D Sorry...I couldn't resist...:p :rofl:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
sirknight6 said:
Dude, that's like a violation of some rule somewhere! :mumble:

next your going to tell me Marshal amps or Messa Boogie suck or some-such...:rolleyes:

:p

No no, I love Boogies and Marshals. Here I think we *can* agree!:thumb: I have a Marshal Valvestate halfstack. I wish I had a Boogie. :(

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah I like the sound of gibson as well, but I like the way strats feel much better. Plus who can argue with Clapton, Hendrix, SRV, Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and Robert Cray :)