Quantcast

Anybody watch the fights last night?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Man, those were good. i didn't think the Maia/Marquardt fight would go like that. That was crazy.
The Couture/Nog fight was awesome. I thought it was going to be the most boring fight of the year with Randy's "lay and pray" style. But damn. That fight was awesome. They were beating the crap out of each other. Randy put up a good fight. He got rocked a few times and almost got tapped out but still survived. Awesome.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Be ready to be surprised by the outcome of a few of them. They were really good. They really proved that anything can happen in those fights.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
The Nog/Randy fight showcased the best of both men's skills. It went the way I wanted it to but I was worried it wouldn't.

You really thought that it might be a boring fight? Nog doesn't have bad fights.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I've been watching Nog since his first fight in PRIDE against Heath. His fights have always been good, just a little slow at times. I figured all that was going to happen was a bunch of "lay and pray" by Randy, and a ton of laying there on his back by "Nog". But it was awesome. Reminded me of his earlier PRIDE days. It was great to see him in shape. Now he needs to fight Mir and get redemption. I hate Mir.

That Maia fight was crazy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Vera wearing an Affliction shirt :rofl:

The Crippler got choked the f@ck out in Portland = teh awesome

7 second KO, damn.

<edit> Damn, Ed Herman out, too. Not a good night for the local dudes.

<edit2> Damn, I wanted to see Randy win at home, but Nog looked awesome. I didn't know e was 33, he's had a hard career to look that old at 33.

I just want SOMEONE to beat Lesner. I hate that guy.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
marketing.

So happy leben got his ass kicked legitimately...he just sucks...they'll kick people out of the UFC for better performances, but keep this drug addled loser around... Oh well, at least I'll get to see him lose a few more times.

BillT

Monkey
I ended up ordering the fight and was pleasantly surprised for what I thought would be a kinda lackluster card. The fights overall were pretty good...it was really nice seeing Nog get back on track and be healthy. I'd love to see him in a rematch against Mir so he can choke him out.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
<edit2> Damn, I wanted to see Randy win at home, but Nog looked awesome. I didn't know e was 33, he's had a hard career to look that old at 33.
He looks like he's 50 years old. My wife asked me if Randy won. I told her that Nog won by decision.

Her response. Is that the guy with the back dent that looks like he got beat with a frying pan?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
He looks like he's 50 years old. My wife asked me if Randy won. I told her that Nog won by decision.

Her response. Is that the guy with the back dent that looks like he got beat with a frying pan?
Tell her yes, but it's actually from getting crushed by a truck when he was a kid.
Pretty weird how some of them look so old. Same with Wand. He looks old as hell. He might be about 34 or 35 years old.

I thought the fight card was going to be pretty good. All in all i was impressed with the fights.

Looks like there are some good ones coming up too. Crocop against Junior Dos Santos. That's going to be good. Crocop is gonna get worked.

Franklin vs vitor. If Vitor fights like he used to, he's going to beat the crap out of Franklin.

Shogun vs machida. Machida for sure. It'll be a fluke if shogun gets past round 2.

Nate Diaz against Melvin Guillard. Guillard is gonna get choked out via triangle.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That must have been the easiest fight of Anderson Silva's career. Well, that and Forrest Griffin.
Don't forget Cote, and Thales Leites, James Irvin and Travis Lutter. The only guy that even gave him a bit of a fight was Dan Henderson. And that was only for part of round 1, when he wasn't just trying to cover his mouth.