Quantcast

anybody knows whether the hollowpoint MTX is still available?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
hmmm....the 2004s will be hard to come by methinks - someone just had M. Laurin's old MTX frame up for grabs over on MTBR.com and I think that thing sold in a matter of hours or so.

I wonder what the Madcatz team will be on for 2005 - just some modified Mkiis or beefed up Azures or something. :think:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
There might be one or two of these left. Drop the Iron Horse sales dept a line and see if they can find you one.

-ska todd

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
ok got a reply yesterday from IH.
it seems they only have a few regular hollowpoints in 15" and 17" left
do you think those will work as a dual bike and hold up?

does anybody still have geometry info for those bikes?

thanks

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
The team will be riding MK3's, they come with 145mm forks so they're fairly strong,but not DJ/Urban strong.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
yeah i know that it looks good
and yours is really nice MMcG

so for a guy who is 6'3" do you think the 15" is big enough or should i go with a 17"?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
UiUiUiUi said:
yeah i know that it looks good
and yours is really nice MMcG

so for a guy who is 6'3" do you think the 15" is big enough or should i go with a 17"?

I'm 5'9" and I'm riding a Medium as my trail bike which is a 19" frame - so I'd say if anything you'd want a 17" for MTX - the 17" has a 23.4" effective top tube I believe with a set back thomson and I believe a 100 or 110mm stem to get that measurement.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
MMcG said:
hmmm....the 2004s will be hard to come by methinks - someone just had M. Laurin's old MTX frame up for grabs over on MTBR.com and I think that thing sold in a matter of hours or so.

I wonder what the Madcatz team will be on for 2005 - just some modified Mkiis or beefed up Azures or something. :think:
They use beefed up mkiiis I saw them in the Madcatz tent at a few races. If Im not mistaken it is what sam rode when he rode MTX, but it could have been brynn. I REALLY wish they offered a MTX bike this year tho the hallowpoint team is kickass.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
MMcG said:
I'm 5'9" and I'm riding a Medium as my trail bike which is a 19" frame - so I'd say if anything you'd want a 17" for MTX - the 17" has a 23.4" effective top tube I believe with a set back thomson and I believe a 100 or 110mm stem to get that measurement.

Are you sure?
I thought that the Medium was a 17in frame.
Small=15, Medium is 17, Large was 19in and XL is 21

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hey ska todd
what do you think will the 17" be to small for me? (6'3")

i found the geometry info the old catalog on the website and just recieved an email from you guys.

so far i believe the hollowpoint would be a great bike just a tad small.
damn why can't i be just 6' ;)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just get a Specialized SX, and you won't have to worry about breaking XC parts. The MTX is a sweet bike, but I personally wouldn't ride the Hollowpoint for MTX.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hucker13 said:
Just get a Specialized SX, and you won't have to worry about breaking XC parts. The MTX is a sweet bike, but I personally wouldn't ride the Hollowpoint for MTX.

You know money isn't available in unlimited amounts!
The price I'd pay for the hollowpoint makes it very attractive.

if money wasn't the object a Yeti 4X would sit in my garadge since last spring. :D

thanks for your input though.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
UiUiUiUi said:
hey ska todd
what do you think will the 17" be to small for me? (6'3")
All depends on what you are used to for 4X stuff. Rennie rode a 19" 03 Hollowpoint for MTX I believe. The 17" MTX had the same TT as the 19" regular HP. The 15" MTX had the same TT as the 17" regular HP.

-ska todd