Quantcast

Anybody know a local wheelbuilding artist?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I need to get my 521s(w/ Hugi/Hadley) built up but don't know any real good local wheelbuilders. I used to have all my hoops built up by this XC/cyclocross guy named Ron that worked at Fairfax Performance years ago before moving out to Reston, but I have lost track of him through the years. The Shimano XT/517s and Hayes disc/Rhyno XLs that he built for me have lasted better under similar conditions than my supposedly burlier and newer wheels(Atomic DHR/TrailPimp). I want my new wheels to not require the constant retruing that my Atomics demand. Recommendations? :confused:

Sep 29, 2004
Jay at the bike lane is an amsolute genius, he knows a bike wheel forwards and back, and hes damn near a perfectionist
-andre

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
i have a wheel building book, does that help? i'll learn....i just have to read the instructions and 'magic' i have a wheel built. now, there are no garuntees it wont delace while riding, but that's what learning is all about. ;)

--z--

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
this is stoney not sam-

than white from eastcoasters (soon to be shenandoah bicycle i think) is the man hands down. strongest wheels i've ever rode no doubt!