Quantcast

Any one have time on Hope Motos or the new formulas?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I am getting new brakes on my DH bike, I have oro puros now and want more power. I am deciding between the hope motos and the formula DH brakes. If any one has and ACTUAL experience on eather of thease brakes could you please comment on how you like them.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
One of my team guys has had 3 sets of hope motos this season. Every one of them leaked like a seive from the caliper and the resi. Hope says they know of the problem and are working to fix it. 3 tries and they haven't gotten it right yet. Also, the rotors are essentially 2 rotors, and weigh a ton (as well as cost a fortune).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
you can get vented or floating
Either way, the brakes leaked like a seive. Go with the formulas.

As an aside, he replaced them with loaned Codes. The code have a better feel, just as much power, and most important, they didn't leak all over themselves. He is on the Codes again for Worlds this week.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Either way, the brakes leaked like a seive. Go with the formulas.

As an aside, he replaced them with loaned Codes. The code have a better feel, just as much power, and most important, they didn't leak all over themselves. He is on the Codes again for Worlds this week.
I looked at the codes, but would rather sport the hopes of formulas. I'll probably end up with the formulas

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have not run the new "dh" formulas but i can vouch for both the k18 and k24 being very good and consistent brakes that don't fade even under a big guy like me. also no leaks and they are light as hell compared to the other brakes with the same power and performance

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
GO WITH CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing comes close to the performence,durability, and price!
I dont want avid brakes, i have had GREAT experiences with my current formulas and like the quality on the hope stuff.

i have not run the new "dh" formulas but i can vouch for both the k18 and k24 being very good and consistent brakes that don't fade even under a big guy like me. also no leaks and they are light as hell compared to the other brakes with the same power and performance
I love my puros, i just want a little more power

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I dont want avid brakes, i have had GREAT experiences with my current formulas and like the quality on the hope stuff.

I love my puros, i just want a little more power

yeah but i have rode fourmulas, and hope mono6's

pretty much the same performance. except avid has pad contact and you can actuly find parts for them...... i thought the same thing when my bike shop talked me out of monos and gustavs. but i dont regret going with avids!lol

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Formulas have pad contact adjustment, as well I have had zero issues with getting parts and formula has some of the besat costomer service i have ever seen.

As well, I don't want avid

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Rockin the formula biancos myself I love everything about them from the one finger levers to pad adjustment to the chrome levers and calipers.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I've had an Hope M4 in the rear for a long time and it has never worked right from day one. I've spent more time working on it than actually riding it. It's been worked on by several mechanics at different shops. It leaks fluid from the caliper and the at the lever. I sent it back to Hope and all they did was change the frickin cotter pin. I bought brand new pads for almost 30 bucks and got one ride on it before they were contaminated. Although the front has been trouble free, I will probably never buy another Hope product because of the poor customer service.

If one of my products fails due to manufacturing issues I repair or replace it free of charge to the customer. I would never just send it right back to them!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Montashu, have you put on alot of weight since you built up your v10? if not i see no point of going with the motos they are overkill for the average rider and will be more so for you. get some m4s or juicy carbons or ultimates. just my .02

Feb 26, 2003
plovdiv & boston
I have ridden the new formulas and was really impressed. In my experience The One with 180mm disc is more powerful than Oro with 200mm. Out of the two new formula models, I found The One to be more powerful than Mega.

liquidsystm

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Is The One replacing the Bianco? How do the two fair up to each other? I was thinking about getting the puro ouro's to save some weight, but not sure if i should get the ONe or Bianco instead

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Montashu, have you put on alot of weight since you built up your v10? if not i see no point of going with the motos they are overkill for the average rider and will be more so for you. get some m4s or juicy carbons or ultimates. just my .02
I'm right around 150' I know i don't NEED that much power, it's more an issue of want

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Is The One replacing the Bianco? How do the two fair up to each other? I was thinking about getting the puro ouro's to save some weight, but not sure if i should get the ONe or Bianco instead
The Bianco is only a special painted Oro K 24 with one finger levers and sintered Pads.

The ONE should be stronger than the Oros by 20 percent.

I've been on the Moto V's for the past two or three months now. No issues at all. Installed them and have been very happy with them with absolutely no issues. A bit more of a solid connected feel at the lever compared to my 6piston brakes.
Never tried any of the new Formula stuff so I can't give you a cross-check between the two.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
Are you running the sintered pads in your formulas? They make a world of difference in bite and overall stopping power vs. the stock pads. Switch to those for sure.