Quantcast

Any Mountain Biking near Wisconsin Dells?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Anything worthwhile over that way?

Wife's parents want to take a family vacation over that way next summer, curious if we can drag the bikes with us.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Do you have the pitchforks app? Check on there to see if anything shows up.
I have the trail forks app, and the mtb project app, but haven't checked either, I don't find them to be the best apps and/or most accurate. I'd rather get some monkey feedback, yet to be sent in the wrong direction from trail advice I gathered here.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Blue Mound state park is about an hour south of the Dells. Well worth checking out. :thumb: Also, half way there is Devil's Lake state park. I don't think there is any biking in there but nice hiking for the family.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Blue Mound state park is about an hour south of the Dells. Well worth checking out. :thumb: Also, half way there is Devil's Lake state park. I don't think there is any biking in there but nice hiking for the family.
The trails in Devils lake are now roads I am told. My friends from Chicago have a cottage on Lake Wisconsin. We rode snowmobile trails on the bluffs above Lake Wisconsin. Phucking Mosquitos and Fly's ate us alive. We took a ferry from Merrimac to the trails. Bare/Brar?? rock trails were fun.

Sep 11, 2015
Kettle Moraine is closer to 2 hours south of there, depending on Interstate traffic between the Dells and Madison (I think it's usually only bad on Sunday evenings when all the Illinois folks are trying to get home).

Not worth driving that far for the Kettles when you can go about the same distance the other direction and go to Levis Mounds. Pretty cool trail, plenty of miles, and some neat views. There's some really great camping at Camp NCN a few miles from there. Check it out. :)

Blue Mounds would be the closest good riding at a little over an hour away. Good, techy trails with a good amount of elevation change (for Wisconsin, anyway). Bring flat fixing stuff and a tire boot. It's full of sharp, angry little rocks. It's also close to Spring Green, which has some cool stuff to see if you're so inclined. There's the American Players Theater (outdoor amphitheater); House on the Rock; Taliesin (Frank Lloyd Wright's estate - it's awesome); and The Shitty Barn (small little music venue). It's a neat area.