Quantcast

any info on jehrico bikes ??

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
does anyone have any info on these fellas ??? doe they have a web page or is there somewhere i can get some decent info...

looks as if my beloved bianchi CUSS is cracked :(... intersection of the top tube and the seattube... lesson learned, easton untra light tubing isn t for 225lb animals... lucky it was cheap...

i d like to spring for an IF steel deluxe, but thats some big sheets for a SS...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dude, I have one word for you "SURLY"

Just get a 1x1 and be done with all this, fancy schmancy nonsense.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
manhattanprjkt83 said:
they are boat anchors.
that is my only dilema... i enjoyed the feather weight bianchii CUSS, but i don t want to replace my SS frame every season...

being a 225 monster sucks sometimes...

i want reynolds.... FARK, I WANT IT ALL !!!!! (for 2 hundred bucks) ;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Independent fab is ur only option....Wait why dont you get a chameleon, they make a killer singlespeed for a big guy...
i had a chameleon as my DJ bike / 'as XC as i go' rig... that has been replaced with a DOC and i now ride trails / xc with the woman on the SS... i like the chameleon, but i need something a little more XC... 120 mm stem etc...

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
why not go with a spot?
or better yet try the darkside with a waltworks 29 his custom pricing is cheaper than some company base frames.there are tons of choices for nice frames other than IF...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
MunkeeHucker said:
or better yet try the darkside with a waltworks 29 his custom pricing is cheaper
i will never ride a 29er... next thing i d be hosting queer dinner parties like n8...

i actually looked at the spot as well... nice

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Josh Ogle is the man behind Jericho, he is one of the nicest and coolest bike company guys you will ever meet. I understand he had some issues with a business partner a little while back and may be ramping back up. His bikes are super clean. The shop was in Emeryville/Oakland but not sure what's up these days.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
N8 may be ghey... but not all that ride 29'ers are:dead:

ok OK I admit it I'm campaigning one!!! they aren't for everyone!!! and I hate the fact that N8 rides one... :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'll have to ask my buddy what Ogle is up to, I haven't seen him in a long time.

Jericho is on ice for now, as far as I know.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
OGRipper said:
Josh Ogle is the man behind Jericho, he is one of the nicest and coolest bike company guys you will ever meet. I understand he had some issues with a business partner a little while back and may be ramping back up. His bikes are super clean. The shop was in Emeryville/Oakland but not sure what's up these days.
The fabrication for Jericho is done by Jason "The Mutant" Grove nowdays. Jason fabricated two of my bikes and his work is impeccable. He's fabricated at Control Tech, Titus, Strong and Yeti at various times through the past 15 years or so. If he had the time and experience in design/engineering, he would probably be doing his own thing, but is quite content to fab for others from his shop in the East Bay. The Mutant nickname was given to him by a couple of Fruitians a few years ago because he has mad bike skills, including his infamous no hands wheelies on singletracks. I've never met the man.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
peter6061 said:
I really wanted one of those with the belt drive. They looked sweet. Hope they're able to make it back in the game.

it had high torque issues- if you SS in flat areas, it'd be great.

as far as Jericho goes, Josh (owner type) supposedly is getting the whole shebang back up and running. some fine steeds, indeed. and not to mention Josh is a pretty cool guy to both have build a bike and hang with.

another opinion would be that the bikes come in fixed sizes (1-6?)- there is no customization, unless big bucks are dolled out. still, the sizing seems to work well and all.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Jerichos are very very nice. My dad almost got one and we went to the factory in Emeryville, Josh is a really cool guy and makes some beautiful bikes. Sadly Josh isn't the most on-the-ball guy, he's sort of a flake. I wouldn't get a Jericho if you need it quickly.

I rode the Payback, their main hardtail, and it was incredible. But when you get to the level of $1000+ hardtails, they're all amazing and it gets down to personal preference. There are tons of high-zoot frame shops in the Bay Area and you really couldn't go wrong with any of them.