Quantcast

Any experience yet on Marz 55 ETA?

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
I am looking at buying an 08 55 ETA. I am riding a Bottlerocket and felt undergunned at Whistler and the Shore with my 05 Z1 FR1. Is the 55 going to feel significantly stiffer and bigger than the Z1?

I am also considering a 36 Van but I would rather stay with Marzocchi, unless the 36 is going to feel much more stable than the 55. Thanks for the help.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
They are not available yet. There are/were a very few 'R' and tst2 models available, so it is possible that someone might have some time on one of those...but I doubt it at this time.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
my guess is that the fork will definitely be a little stiffer and feel bigger, it is a 30mm travel increase right? the casting seems a bit burlier, so that's where the stiffness would come from. your bottlerocket will feel better with it because it will slacken the geo a little more, so it should hold a line better at higher speed. you will also be able to run the fork a little softer so it will have better small bump compliance.

i think the fox would be a better choice because it is the 55's first year in production and the fox is a known performer, but if you really like marzocchi, then go with the 55. my guess is that no really good reviews will be popping up for some time now, the fork is so new that any in depth reviews aren't going to be possible.