Quantcast

Another "Why I don't trust cops thread..."

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Canadian edition this time:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2007/08/22/ot-police-070822.html

http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Quebec+police+admit+they+went+undercover+at+Montebello+protest/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=police-montebello&feedname=CBC-TOPSTOIRES-V2&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

And here is the youtube:

Looks to me like one of the cops gets in a good shove there, trying to start a fight. I'm just wondering what happens if you shove a police officer like that?

Paging manimal to the white courtesy phone...

(As an aside: I have no dog in this fight. I have no idea what they were protesting, and no opinion if they were right or wrong. It doesn't really matter, in any case.)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What, it is illegal to drum up business on a slow day?

But seriously, boots having the same tread pattern and no one else knowing who the three mysterios are? Pretty thin, but stranger sh*t has happened...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

But seriously, boots having the same tread pattern and no one else knowing who the three mysterios are? Pretty thin, but stranger sh*t has happened...
Read link #2. The frog pigs admitted it...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !

bad cop no donut

e mail me biatch.... GW is the savior of monkeykind

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Police said the three were told to monitor protesters who were not peacefully demonstrating to prevent any violent incidents, but they were called out as undercover agents when they refused to throw objects.
this may be a case of good intentions gone too far. i've never seen anything like this but we frequently put plain clothes officers in the field during big events..that's just common sense. the undercovers were stupid for wearing their boots and they could've at least played it off better and actually thrown a rock at the shield. :rolleyes:

friggin canadians...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
this may be a case of good intentions gone too far. i've never seen anything like this but we frequently put plain clothes officers in the field during big events..that's just common sense. the undercovers were stupid for wearing their boots and they could've at least played it off better and actually thrown a rock at the shield. :rolleyes:

friggin canadians...
You watch the video at all? :brow:

In the footage filmed Monday afternoon, three burly men with bandanas and other covers over their faces push through protesters toward a line of riot police. One of the men has a rock in his hand.
The unions leader is telling him to drop the rock, not throw it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
You watch the video at all? :brow:

The unions leader is telling him to drop the rock, not throw it.

re-read my post. if they were trying to incite a riot to serve their own purposes. the undercovers could have played the instigator role better by actually throwing the rock. a true protestor/instigator would have disregarded the old dude and started his own little war. in other words, if their mission was to start a riot, they didn't do a good job of getting it going.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
re-read my post. if they were trying to incite a riot to serve their own purposes. the undercovers could have played the instigator role better by actually throwing the rock. a true protestor/instigator would have disregarded the old dude and started his own little war. in other words, if their mission was to start a riot, they didn't do a good job of getting it going.
So, you're saying they are incompetent as well as immoral?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So they could have been better assholes..........

French ninjas are funny.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Keep checking the news; you'll soon learn that blacks and Arabs are out to getcha, too...