Quantcast

Another SCORBA race?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Should we do another SCORBA event? My friends and I are willing to rebuild the course. There is a huge new berm, of which I have had nothing to do with in its consrtuction. I think the last one went well. What do you guys/girls think? Hey aptos kids, would you guys come to this one?

EDIT: Apparently the local jump crew, the Santa Cruz Uber Mountain Bikers, or "S.C.U.M.B." disagree with the statement I previously made "we already have a huge new berm". As of this date in time, I have yet to put forthwith any effort whatsoever in it's construction, and they feel that I can not in any way shape or form pretend that it is "mine" just because I live near it. I have changed the original statement to reflect that fact.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
That would be fun if you put on another race. Maybe have the DH course be something different than last time though.

I saw your huge new berm, what will you do about the big jump after it? Will that just have to be part of the course? :)

Raacerx

Monkey
Another SCORBA sounds good to me! Last one was a blast. Id be most into the DH race too. Got my Demo now so Im ready. Always willing to help build/organize as well.

PS. Anyone got a 36 or 38T 4 bolt (like Truvativ) chainring? Borrow or buy? Or know a shop that carries em for cheap?

markk

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
Santa Cruz
Are you gonna race the mini bikes over the new giant double in your yard? That would make for some good crash footage.

:oink:

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
markk said:
Are you gonna race the mini bikes over the new giant double in your yard? That would make for some good crash footage.

:oink:
We would definately have the pixie bike race again. I think that was a lot of fun. We were talking about it and the jump certainly will be an optional line for anybody who wants to man-up and try it on a pixie-bike. Apparently to make the jump on a mountain bike you have to come at it from the opposite side of the street in the bike lane. I want the berm to be shaped differently so you don't have to come at it quite like that. We will probably end up having the course wrap around the big jump though.

We could also have a DJ session or competition. It was fun watching Kyler clear the booter AND the big jump on the pixie bike before the race.

S.C.U.M.B, actually called up some construction companies and had them haul the dirt to our yard. It was really funny coming home from work and seeing HUGE tire tracks thru the grass. Hopefully soon there will be several jumps there instead of just the one.

I was trying to think of a good DH course to race on...any ideas? PM me. The course needs to be pretty obvious from top to bottom, and have enough space at the bottom for people to hang out. Last time we collected enough money from race fees to pay for the keg, so it was a bummer that there was no prize money for other people. I think it was kind of stupid that I won the overall, though. I think I'll make myself inelligable this time. :nuts:

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Raacerx said:
Another SCORBA sounds good to me! Last one was a blast. Id be most into the DH race too. Got my Demo now so Im ready. Always willing to help build/organize as well.

PS. Anyone got a 36 or 38T 4 bolt (like Truvativ) chainring? Borrow or buy? Or know a shop that carries em for cheap?
I have a 38T I will give you, it doesn't work that well on my e13 guide cause it's real thick, but it'd be perfect for anything else.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I can help you guys out buildin stuff when I'm home in 2 weeks for spring break. Hopefully we can wait more than 3 weeks for the actual race cuz my cast comes off in 3 weeks! Can I ride my 20" instead of a pixie? Or maybe put a 20" front wheel on my Bontrager XC bike? lol that would be SWEET!