Quantcast

Another New car thread....suggestions?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I'd love a CTS waggin'. I test drove one, nice and tight. That's the car that Pontiac should have relabeled as a G8.
It's one of only two or three GM cars I'd be interested in owning. I had a CTS rental a while ago and it was pretty nice. That thing as a wagon and with another two hundred horse power would be helluva lot of fun.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well, the CTS-V is another thing altogether. I was test driving the 3.0 CTS. The 3.6 offers MOAR POWA but the same fuel economy with direct winjection. Similar build quality to my Infiniti, but with more interior refinement. Unfortunately the options package didn't win me over....power memory seats should be available on every car over 20gs IMHOYMMV

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, the CTS-V is another thing altogether. I was test driving the 3.0 CTS. The 3.6 offers MOAR POWA but the same fuel economy with direct winjection. Similar build quality to my Infiniti, but with more interior refinement. Unfortunately the options package didn't win me over....power memory seats should be available on every car over 20gs IMHOYMMV
Its never too late

gmAd_big1.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
says my 2000 F350 with 205,000 miles on it that I am driving daily since my car sold.....or my girlfriends 2000 explorer with 122,000 miles that she drives.

I used to despise Ford. A lot of people that I know have them, and have very high mileage cars.
My 2000 F350 ran like a top. But the interior was falling apart like nothing I'd owned. It felt cheap inside, the interior didn't fit well together, the only reason I liked that truck was the non-Ford motor. When I looked at the Focus before buying the Corolla, they seemed to have the same issues. Interior just feels like cheap plastic crap (because it is).

Also I had electrical shorts in the F350 from wires that rubbed together under the dash. Ended up doing way too much patching and rerouting.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
My 2000 F350 ran like a top. But the interior was falling apart like nothing I'd owned. It felt cheap inside, the interior didn't fit well together, the only reason I liked that truck was the non-Ford motor. When I looked at the Focus before buying the Corolla, they seemed to have the same issues. Interior just feels like cheap plastic crap (because it is).

Also I had electrical shorts in the F350 from wires that rubbed together under the dash. Ended up doing way too much patching and rerouting.
my interior is holding up just fine.

You said your corolla is a 2004?

go sit in a new 2012 focus. I drove one last night, extremely nice car, I was beyond impressed. Only contender still out there for me is the impreza but I think I am just going to go with the ford.