Quantcast

An all-around dh bike

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Do I need a certain size bb? I like the e13 guide better, but will a 2.5" tire work without rubbing, because in the bullit directions, it mentions clearance issues.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
E13s are nice because they're reliable and easy to use. Far superior to a MRP.

You can also check out a Gamut, they're some cool guides out of the Bay Area. They make a plastic guide and an aluminum one. It's a really simple and durable guide despite its light weight, similar in design to an E13 but very trimmed down. Their team raced semi-pro last year at all the Norbas and as far as I know had zero problems. It's worth a look.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Im still looking. I only want a frame. I already have brakes [hayes champaigne 6" hydro (can I use 8" rotors with the calipers?)] and a fork and drivetrain parts except cranks.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
TamaSKA said:
yes you can. its just a question of adapter.
And the frame. I know *older* Bullits couldn't accept an 8" rotor in back, but those were very old frames from what I recall...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah thats the other reason besides an extra inch of travel that I want a newer one.
My friend constantly tells me to not get. He says I should get a stinky or something. I keep telling him that I am getting a bullit because they are so versatile because the frame is light. He's an idiot. I also dont have $2000.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Would a 2.5 minion in front and a 2.5 holyroller in the back be good a good all terrain dh setup? I think dual ply would be good for this.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am wondering what is wrong with jokers; my friend keeps telling me to get one istaed of a bullit, but I have heard they are a joke.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
DO isis really come loose all the time? If I got the atomlab hub, I could use a 20 mm super t and my dj2 qr so I would only need one wheel.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
mtnbrider said:
I am wondering what is wrong with jokers; my friend keeps telling me to get one istaed of a bullit, but I have heard they are a joke.
they are nice and really light but really expensive, then again, you get a life time warranty. :thumb:
i have heard some ppl were not so happy about the cust service. thats all i got.